[Solved] How to Unlock HP Insyde BIOSes

Hi!
sp53673 is not for your notebook pc and as I can not unlock Insyde bios F.39 for HP630 I also can not unlock F.2A for HP G4-2072la. They use the same protection.
But for testing, we can take one version below the newest (F.26). Try sp60936 modded.

Hi!
sp53673 is not for your notebook pc and as I can not unlock Insyde bios F.39 for HP630 I also can not unlock F.2A for HP G4-2072la. They use the same protection.
But for testing, we can take one version below the newest (F.26). Try sp60936 modded.

Thanks for the help first of all, but it had a problem when opening insydeflash it recognizes my bios and starts the process then my laptop restarts but when checking the bios version at startup it is still f.2.a there is no way to dowgrade without flash to a previous version?

To be honest, it’s not very clear to me why your BIOS stays on the same version after reboot. In the case of flashing Insyde BIOSes, a reboot means a successful completion of the process, but rarely a reboot can also occur before the process starts. I need to know if everything is going as it should, can you see the progress bar on flashing or it goes to reboot right after the start?

Installing a mod on some BIOS version already implies flashing the BIOS of that version.
I gave this archive to someone for tests and there was a minimum feedback. I did not receive confirmation from him about changing the version number. With him I only found out that the BIOS is being flashed triggering permission check for bootblock downgrade. This means InsydeFlash initializes completely without problems. That’s all I got from him.

Regarding the problem with keeping the BIOS in its original state after flashing the mod, I do not think that this is a EFI recovery occurs, because you do not seem to see second installation.
Although, replace the BIOS files (.bin files) in my archive with the original ones of the same version (F.26), and we’ll see what happens.

To be honest, it’s not very clear to me why your BIOS stays on the same version after reboot. In the case of flashing Insyde BIOSes, a reboot means a successful completion of the process, but rarely a reboot can also occur before the process starts. I need to know if everything is going as it should, can you see the progress bar on flashing or it goes to reboot right after the start?

Installing a mod on some BIOS version already implies flashing the BIOS of that version.
I gave this archive to someone for tests and there was a minimum feedback. I did not receive confirmation from him about changing the version number. With him I only found out that the BIOS is being flashed triggering permission check for bootblock downgrade. This means InsydeFlash initializes completely without problems. That’s all I got from him.

Regarding the problem with keeping the BIOS in its original state after flashing the mod, I do not think that this is a EFI recovery occurs, because you do not seem to see second installation.
Although, replace the BIOS files (.bin files) in my archive with the original ones of the same version (F.26), and we’ll see what happens.

same results ,I attach video

https://streamable.com/stwabq

@Sweet_Kitten , so we only have F.19 modded on HP 630/631/430/431/CQ43/CQ57 and some HP 2000 type ?

Unfortunately. Yes, no higher than F.19.

Thanks.
I tried many time to watch your video and ended up using a VPN. This is the only way to do this from my country.

I can clearly see the problem. This is what I was talking about! Flashing shouldn’t be that fast! The process usually takes 1 to 5 minutes.

Now I have done the same as with sp53673 to increase stability.

There is also modded BIOS of version F.03 with much more older protection: sp57047. RSA check can be bypassed here likely with more success.
Don’t forget to create USB Crisis Recovery Key of original bios using [CrisisKeySetting] Flag=1 in .ini file before flashing!

I just realize that my bluetooth functionality gone after flashing modded F.19.
Now i’m back to official stock F.39 in order using bluetooth again.

Thanks.
I tried many time to watch your video and ended up using a VPN. This is the only way to do this from my country.

I can clearly see the problem. This is what I was talking about! Flashing shouldn’t be that fast! The process usually takes 1 to 5 minutes.

Now I have done the same as with sp53673 to increase stability.

There is also modded BIOS of version F.03 with much more older protection: sp57047. RSA check can be bypassed here likely with more success.
Don’t forget to create USB Crisis Recovery Key of original bios using [CrisisKeySetting] Flag=1 in .ini file before flashing!

I thought that, in a case like this, what could I do?

changing the id in the platform file will help?

So, you say these two new aren’t working? You getting the same results?

You can do nothing with that. Platform file is ok.

ok,I can only use a programmer clip for the BIOS

I am following your thread and I saw that method two is better. However I still need to understand your process. Can I learn more from you?
Here is my attached bios and setuputility. Currently using HdX, IFR Universal Extractor, IDA PRO (thanks to @Donovan6k 's Tutorial) and PheonixTool. intel fft doesnt work for me.

have there been more advances in this regard with bios like mine?