[Solved] Optiplex 3020 MT wont boot after changed from legacy to uefi

After following these steps on this youtube video (google "Setting Up BIOS To UEFI" takes you right to it on youtube) my pc will no longer boot, it turns on and is running but nothing comes up on the screen. If someone can help it will be much appreciated thanks.
" i already tried resetting the MB by removing the battery still no dice :frowning: "

@MrDreamers : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
As long as you haven’t created a new EFI boot partion (named “Windows Boot Manager” within the BIOS) and changed the partition scheme from MBR (Master Boot Record) to GPT (GUIMode Partition Table) you cannot boot into your previously used Windows OS after having changed the boot mode from “Legacy” to “UEFI” and disabled the Compatibility Support Module (CSM) within the BIOS.
The best way is to do a clean install of Win10 in UEFI mode onto the target disk drive by using an USB Flash Drive, which has been prepared by the tool named Rufus.
A mainboard BIOS modification is only required, if you want to use an NVMe SSD as target drive and your currently used BIOS doesn’t contain the required EFI NVMe module (look >here<.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks for the reply.
But the thing is that when i try to boot up nothing comes on the screen not even the dell logo just the no signal of my monitor that’s it so i cant even get into the bios how can i fix this?
Or am i not understanding you correctly?

@MrDreamers : Since I don’t know what you have done, I cannot help you. Why don’t you ask the maker of the youtube video whose procedure you had followed?

Here is the video i followed.
After i exited the bios it never went to nic it just stayed black.
(the url to the video is in the pic)

bios mess up.PNG.jpg

@MrDreamers : I suspect, that your issue is caused by a missing GopDriver (= EFI BIOS module) for your graphics adapter within the BIOS of your mainboard (if you use a CPU-integrated graphics adapter) or of your graphics add-on card.
To be able to boot in UEFI mode and see a picture on your monitor you will have to insert a matching GopDriver into the related BIOS

Do you mean try to boot it up on the motherboards vga?

@MrDreamers : If your PC has a discrete graphics card and a CPU integrated VGA adapter, you should indeed connect the monitor to the other graphics adapter and look what happens.

WOW! It worked!
i got it up right now on one of my old vga monitors!

I put it back to the way it was.
Thanks!! :slight_smile: