[SOLVED][Problem] Dell T130 iDRAC BIOS Recovery

Hello everyone,

I’m facing a rather serious issue with my Dell T130 related to the iDRAC. Suddenly, it stopped working entirely, and I’m unsure what might have caused it. The LED won’t turn on in any way, it seems to be died.
I’ve been trying to resolve the problem, but it appears to be more challenging than I initially anticipated.

Current BIOS version: 2.16.0
Current iDRAC version: 2.40.40.05

At this point, I can no longer access the iDRAC through any method other than a serial connection using the serial j_idrac_uart 4-pin connector on the motherboard. I’ve soldered the 4 pins and connected to the serial console using PuTTY.

When I power up the server, U-boot starts as usual

I found on the Dell website that by placing the firmimg.d7 file on a FAT-formatted SD card, the firmware should be installed automatically during boot. However, when I tried this, nothing happened.

In U-boot, when I attempt to reset the iDRAC using the “racadm racreset” command or any other “racadm” command, I receive the following output:

ERROR: RAC1135: I'm unable to run the RACADM command because an internal instrumentation component has stopped functioning. Please wait for a minute for the internal instrumentation component to respond, and then retry the operation. If the issue persists, reset the iDRAC by pressing the System ID button for 15 seconds, wait for the iDRAC to finish restarting, and then retry the operation. If the issue continues to persist, please contact your service provider.

Additionally, I’m unable to make any changes within the BIOS as it states that the changes cannot be saved.

I’ve been considering whether it’s possible to re-flash the iDrac firmware via U-Boot through the serial console, but I haven’t been able to find sufficient information on how to do this.

I’m truly at a loss here. It’s quite perplexing that a hardware component would suddenly fail in this manner. I’m hoping that someone here might be able to help me
since I don’t know much about this world of firmwares. Thank you.

EDIT:

I solved buying the Idrac interface with the SD card reader and followed this guide to reflash the emmc and the iDrac Firmware.On dell T130 debug switches are named SW_MISC_DEBUG, I made a simple scheme switch 1 in the guide is switch 4 in the scheme, switch 2 in the guide is switch 3 in the scheme