[Solved] Samsung NVMe SSD hits an all time low in performance

I do not use RAID and will never need to - so I am not going to mess with that right now

Sonic.

So…

This issue has been solved (sort of). Realized after about 2 days that I still had Driver Verifier turned on. :kookoo:

After shutting that down - I am getting psuedo normal speeds for the 970 - but the 860 is still acting strange (and slow).

Back to the drawing board.

Cheers

Sonic.

Just another quick follow-up - I made the decision to exchange the ProArt motherboard (for another) AND decided to try my own experiment by adding the ASUS Hyper M.2 16x PCIe card (after reading Fernando’s experiments about using the PCI card for the M.2 vs using an M.2 slot on the board).

I must say - while I was a bit skeptical about adding yet another card into the system - I cannot believe how fast this same SSD is in the Hyper M.2 16x card VS using the M.2 port on this board.

As soon as I laid the OS down and started the main build - it was clear I was on a different level with this combo. The Hyper M.2 card is so fast that I never did get around to testing the actual M.2 port that I was connected to at the start of this thread. Did not even bother to remove the heatsink or anything.

Will stay the course here now - I can’t imagine this drive going any faster. FWIW: Give this PCIe card a shot if you haven’t yet. I am now a convert.

Cheers!

Sonic.

@SonicMojo :
Congratulation for having found the reason for the performance problem of your Samsung 970 EVO Plus (bad connection) and for being able to solve it.
As a consequence I have customized the thread title.
Enjoy your refreshed system and the performance of it!

try disable indexing service