[SOLVED] Sony VPCZ21X9E driver

Hi to all
I’ve a Sony Vaio VPCZ21X9E without DVD Recovery, I’m trying to install Windows 7 with a standard ISO dvd. But when W7 starts, it doesn’t found disk. I’ve downloaded all drivers from sony site and from intel site without success. If I use Ubuntu live cd, it sees the disk. So, using Ubuntu, I’ve this information about controller and disk:

RAID bus controller
Hardware Class: storage
Model: “Intel 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode]”
Vendor: pci 0x8086 “Intel Corporation”
Device: pci 0x282a “82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode]”
SubVendor: pci 0x104d “Sony Corporation”
SubDevice: pci 0x9084
Revision: 0x04
Driver: “ahci”
Driver Modules: “ahci”

disk is Samsung MZ-RPA2560/0SO

What driver do I need ? Thanks

@desperados :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I suspect, that you will need an Intel RAID driver for a very old Intel Southbridge (ICH6, ESB or ICH7), but without knowing the exact HardwareID of the on-board Intel SATA Controller.it is not easy to answer.
At first step I recommend to try the “Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando”, which you can find and within the start post of >this< thread.
If this driver should not work for your system, you may try the old 32bit Intel MSM driver v7.0.0.1020 WHQL, which I have attached for you.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

32bit Intel MSM driver v7.0.0.1020 WHQL.rar (179 KB)

it was a very stupid issue… I’ve used a USB KEY or a USB DVDROM connected in a USB3 port, after I’ve changed USB port all work! thanks

@desperados :
Thanks for your feedback. It is fine, that you were able to solve your problem.
By the way:
Which Intel RST/MSM driver worked? Or were you able to get the OS installed without loading any driver?

no driver was needed
thanks again

This verifies, that your previous tries to get Win7 installed failed, because the Setup couldn’t find an appropriate driver to read from the USB Flash drive, which was connected to an USB 3.0 port.