[Sony VAIO] BIOS modding/hacking/unlocking - Some Questions

Hi, I’m also wondering what will be the best ssd we can use on that modified bios. There are reasonable price on some ssd’s which is performance monsters … but can’t buy unless someone says it’s worked !
--------------------

Hi , I’m using exactly same model with you Model#: SVP132A1CW… Just wondering after that dus performance changed like double / triple ? Worth to do so ? Could you please share your edited bios rom with me ?
---------------------------

Hi bighead, how is performance ?
--------------------------

Hi bighead, how is performance ? I’m using exactly same model with you Model#: SVP132A1CW… Just wondering after that dus performance changed like double / triple ? Worth to do so ? Could you please share your edited bios rom with me ? I’m also wondering what will be the best ssd we can use on that modified bios. There are reasonable price on some ssd’s which is performance monsters … but can’t buy unless someone says it’s worked !

---------------------------

Hello , is there anyone able to use Samsung 980 Pro on Sony vaio SVP132A1CW ?

@Orhanyilmaz - To let a user know you are talking directly to them, you have to add @ symbol directly in from of their name, like you see below and here for you.
And the name must be spelled/formatted exactly as they have in their name (is caps if caps, no caps i no caps etc)
Also, please use edit function if you want to add more questions or info, no need to make multiple posts in a row, thanks

@bighead ^^

@Lost_N_BIOS
@bighead

Thank you :slight_smile: Im getting old…

@Orhanyilmaz

Don’t expect noticeable performance increase. XP941 is not slow.
I modded the BIOS just to use a spare nvme disk. Not for better performance.
I ran benchmarks on it the results were slower than normal because of Pro 13’s slower pcie 2.0 bus, but the device was still very responsive.

I’ve already sold my Pro 13 last year. I was surprised how little this thing depreciated (it was a refurbished unit).
I switched to the 2017 XPS 13 for more RAM and quad-core, but it came with a silly front camera so I recently switched again to the new Hp Envy 13 x360. The Sony Pro 13 remains the quickest startup laptop I’ve ever had. Enjoy!

hello can anybody help me moddeing the sony vaio bios to support my nvme ssd?

Hello and thanks for this thread. I’ve been trying to get the 970 EVO working on my Vaio Pro 13 to no luck. I’ve followed all the steps @exiopat and @Lost_N_BIOS mention on p5. But once I start up windows installation it doesn’t find any drivers.
I’ve gone back to my previous SSD, saved the ROM file with afuwin again, and checked whether the NvmExpressDxe_4 module was present using MMTOOL and indeed it is. Which makes me believe I’ve successfully modded and flashed the bios. So I don’t understand why it wont find the drive. I’ve been reading more people having trouble with this line of SSDs, has anyone found a way to fix this ?

Already found a fix, after a quick google search "Fix- No device drivers were Found Windows installation problems"

thanks for everybody figuring all this out to make this work!

cheers