[Test Offer] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 BIOS with CoffeeLake Support

Hello everyone,

I am working on a CPU support upgrade for the Dell OptiPlex 3040 with H110 chipset, with the goal of adding support for a Coffee Lake mobile QQLT/MUTANT CPU.

The motherboard is based on the Intel H110 platform and originally supports Skylake/Kaby Lake CPUs.

So far I have modified the BIOS/firmware with the following:

  • Enabled HAP in the Flash Descriptor.

  • Modified the Intel ME region using the proyect DeGuard.

  • Integrated the resulting ME region back into the image.

  • Modified the BIOS for Coffee Lake CPU support.

  • Added/modified the required CPU microcode.

  • Made the necessary Coffee Lake-related BIOS modifications

The modified BIOS has not yet been tested with a QQLT/MUTANT CPU, so this should be considered experimental.

Target CPU: Intel Coffee Lake mobile QQLT/MUTANT
Motherboard: Dell OptiPlex 3040 / H110
BIOS: Dell OptiPlex 3040 modified BIOS
ME: Intel CSME 11.6.0.1126 with deguard
BootGuard: HAP + DeGuard modifications applied

I am looking for someone with the same motherboard or compatible hardware who can test the modified BIOS with a QQLT or other Mutants cpus.

Because this is an experimental BIOS modification, an SPI programmer is recommended for recovery in case the system does not POST.

I can provide the modified BIOS and the original dump for comparison.

Any feedback regarding the Coffee Lake modifications or additional changes required for QQLT support would also be appreciated.

Thank you.

Used dump: 3040 MIH110 Dell Optiplex

The mod: 3040 MOD Dell Optiplex


Edit by Fernando: Thread moved into the “Modded BIOS Offers” Category and title customized

Only CPUs with the Skylake core can be natively used on the Dell 3040 platform; CPUs with the Kaby Lake core cannot be natively used on this platform.

Have you tested the BIOS with any Kaby Lake CPUs? KBL CPU support is the prerequisite for CFL support.

In a sense,enabling support for Kaby Lake on the 3040 could prove more challenging than enabling support for Coffee Lake.

The BIOS has not been tested, even with Kaby Lake.

Even if I could use Kaby Lake, at least I’d know whether the modifications work or not.