[Solved] Intel ME and Shutdown Problems with GA-H55M-S2V

Does the value of Local FWU Overridde Counter has to be 1, in order to update ME FW using FWUpdate manually ?

Capture.JPG

If Local FWU Override Counter is set to -1 and Local Firmware Override Qualifier is set to 0, firmware updates are always allowed regardless of the settings in MEBx.

By changing the 6.0.30.1203_5MB_DT_PRD_RGN FW with 6.1.0.1042_5MB_DT_PRD_EXTR FW in FITC, I was able to remove Device Manager issues.

6.0.30.1203_5MB_DT_PRD_RGN was conflicting with IMEI v6.0.0.1149 which caused fwupdate to malfunction.
I even updated to 6.2.61.3535_5MB_DT_PRD_EXTR using fwupdate .

Thanks to eveyone in this group, I learned a lot.
Regards !!!

I have got the same issue "Flash image Unrecognized binary format! " when trying to load the bios file with FITs 9.1r7. I downloaded on the official website https://download.asrock.com/BIOS/1150/H81M-DG4(1.20)ROM.zip. I don’t know how to fix it. Please help me fix it.

Hi Electro, would you kindly provide me with the final file you used to reflash your BIOS for your GA-H55M-S2V version 1.4 please ? I’ve installed Windows 10 and I have the same issues with Engine Management warnings and fans not stopping at shut down. If you could guide me with the procedure and programs required also please. I’ve been pulling my hair on this one for several days and your the only one who seems to have found a solution. Thank you in advance.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Help] Gigabyte H55M-S2 - Not powering off, reset button not working and ME error

hi , same problem here , same motherboard.fpt gave me error 37 what ever i type and then shuts down.i am using win 10 pro.any suggestion?thanks

@nikson8
Clean it/rebuild
[Help] Gigabyte H55M-S2 - Not powering off, reset button not working and ME error - Special Topics / Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

i find fixed spi.bin file but can not get fpt to work .whatever i type it sayes invalid comand and shuts ftp down.i am using win 10 pro , what version work with win 10?

Theres no OS version related, the tool will work on DOS or WIN x86 x64 environment…now how long does it takes to shutdown, beginning you power it on and staying inside bios just waiting?
Who said to you that this could be fixed flashing with FPT? You’re probably have to use a CH341 programmer as others users did.

EDIT: And what is the FPT tool version? And what cmd given, will show you the error 37?

in this post i find that other member use flas programing tool to solve problem .win shuts down from start button but psu and motherboard stays on and needs to be shut down via power button on atx case .in intel managment tools there is flash programing tool and when i run it from admin account what ever comand i type it says error 37 invalid comand and shuts down app

witch flash programing tool version is for this motherboard?thanks

from this forum i download intel managment tools v14 and v12 .maybe those are not for my system.i dont know witch one are for my system.mother board h55m s2v rev1.4 i3clarksdale.anything i type imidiatly say error 37 invalid comand and fpt closes.

“in this post i find that other member”…
“witch flash programing tool version is for this motherboard?thanks”

Oh i see now…in fact you’re a great reader but you dont learn nothing with it, not from this thread of from the thread i linked… we have no time for users like you or users who dont pay attention to what their doing/working on what, at least i dont.

hi , i have same problem and do same thing as shown here but getting “fparts.txt” file not found error? any help

That file belongs and is needed for the tool… look insider her and you’ll understand why…

EDIT: Run the tool on the root drive with simple folder name and as CMD ADMIN
The tool needs the ME windows driver installed.

D1. Old Intel MEI Drivers and Software MEI Drivers and Software v6.2.50.1062 (ME 6)
https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/intel-converged-security-management-engine-drivers-firmware-and-tools-2-15

file exist, it contains settings and perimeters for app .it is inside folder with app itself .have no idea why it can’t be find .it is txt format

Please describe detailed what you’re doing / trying to accomplish and on which board / which bios version.

Make a screenshot of the error in a way that one can read the command that was entered, too!

board h55m s2v rev1.4 not shutting down , from win10 only win shuts down bud psu and board stay on .have to press pow button to shut down .download intel managment tools. fptw 6.0 version for h55 systems .run command promt as admin and start fptw. then download fixed spi.bin for this board . comand fptw -f spi.bin and error 75 sayes missing fparts.txt file that exist in folder

• Which version ot the tools are running?
    Intel ME System Tools v6 CCK r1 or Intel ME System Tools v6 IBX r2?

• Attach your fparts.txt

• Post a screenshot of the output of fpt(w) -i