[Tool] Flashprog 1.1 + Flashrom v1.5 [DOS]

Here’s a compiled version of flashprog and flashrom for DOS usage, since [Tool] Flashrom v1.2 [DOS] has not been updated.

Both natively support Promontory AM4, and probably AM5 system is supported (not tested yet). Could be used on MS-DOS and FreeDOS. Just drag and drop the .exe included in the file into your DOS bootable drive (just use either flashrom or flashprog, both are separate program and aren’t dependent one each other, only CWSDPMI that are needed for either flashrom or flashprog to run, which is included in the package).

If you’re on AM4 system with agesa 1.2.x.x and above, and AM5 system, you need to dump your bios using programmer if it’s locked by AmdSpiRomProtect DXE module since that module protect the bios from this tool usage. Remove the module from your bios dump using MMTool or UEFI Tool, flash the bios with removed module with any programmer, and you’re good to go to use this tool.

To make a bios dump, use flashrom -p internal -r <filename>.ROM, and to write the bios use flashrom -p internal -w <filename>.ROM

Here is the tool: Flashprog 1.1 + Flashrom 1.5.rar

2 Likes

How to do it without programmer

Edit: Tried flashrom didn’t work because of the spiromprotection, but flashorg apparently worked I’ll post the screentshot. But it detected some sort of bug and when I open the backup with FDEDITOR it’s like the AFUDOS backup No Me,Gbe or Dts, doesn’t seem like a full backup