[Tool] Lenovo (H2O) Bios Unlocker and Locker

Just run the Unlocker.exe, after that reboot into the BIOS and there should be atleast one new tab. I got 3. Does your Lenovo device have an InsydeH2O BIOS? You can see by the title that the BIOS reports. For me, it says ‘InsydeH2O Setup Utility’ in the BIOS. That tells that it is an InsydeH2O BIOS, and it worked for me. Maybe you can tell me what computer/laptop you have?

I have 5800H 3070 150W 32GB 165Hz legion 5 pro 2021

Is it possible to undervolt 5800H please? Thanks

You can try one of the methods to unlock the advanced BIOS settings. After that you can go to Advanced > OverClocking Configuration > Enable OverClocking > Go to CPU Configuration > Set voltage offset lower, like from 0 to -3.

That option doesn’t get unlocked on H series CPUs

Do you think it could work with a lenovo thinkcentre e73 10ds desktop or not at all ?

I am trying to get the SmokelessRuntimeEFIPatcher working for an AMD 8th gen Lenovo Legion 5 slim. I found my GUID for AMD CBS is BFB68FED-210C-41FD-B7C9-9E41468C74F9. Is this all I need for SREP_Config.cfg?

Op Loaded
H2OFormBrowserDxe
Op Patch
Pattern
BFB68FED210C41FDB7C99E41468C74F900000000
BFB68FED210C41FDB7C99E41468C74F901000000
Op End

Op LoadFromFV
SetupUtilityApp
Op Exec

I tried it and I did not get any additional menus in BIOS setup. Please let me know what I need to add.

For CBS only try this:

Op Loaded
H2OFormBrowserDxe
Op Patch
Pattern
ED8FB6BF0C21FD41B7C99E41468C74F900000000
ED8FB6BF0C21FD41B7C99E41468C74F901000000
Op End

Op LoadFromFV
SetupUtilityApp
Op Exec

Thanks, that worked to unlock menus. The UI weirdly has me select new pages by selecting dropdown menus, but AMD CBS is now present.

Unfortunately the menus don’t do anything. Changing memory frequency and timings has no effect, and expected changes do not even show up in EFI variables.

I can set EFI variables using setup_var_cv:

setup_var_cv AmdSetupPHX 0x5E 0x1 0x1 enables custom memory settings
etup_var_cv AmdSetupPHX 0x5F 0x2 0x15E0 sets memory frequency to default 5600 (must specify clocks)
setup_var_cv AmdSetupPHX 0x61 0x1 0x1 enables CAS latency override
setup_var_cv AmdSetupPHX 0x62 0x1 0x2c sets CAS latency 44 (default is 46)

Removing or adding a memory stick forces a memory retraining without resetting the EFI variables (it did reset when I did this on a Latitude). The system always bricks until I do a CMOS battery removal reset, even when I just set the defaults as the override. UniversalAMDFormBrowser also bricks until reset if I try changing anything, even if it’s to default.

Unfortunately there does not seem to be a pathway to overclock or tune Zen4 AMD systems at this time.

i cant find the button to enter the bios settings on any bios version below 54ww.
the button is just not there hence i can not enter the adavnced options.

legion 5pro 5800H 3070

Im sure that this isn’t the right description of the laptop model…
Anyway…you mean they didn’t sold you the F2 key…damm sir, i would complain about that. :rofl:

1 Like

Hi, As English is not my frist language i could not describe my issue well. I will re-describe.

I am not talking about the physical keyboard button, im talking about the button in the bios graphical interfance when u click f2

Thanks for ur kindness and help. I hope you give me your latests methods to uv or oc cpu or ram or change ram timings or change ssd detection method or anything cool or even curve optimizer! thanks a trillion friend

Model info

Model :Legion 5 Pro 16ACH6H
Machine type: 82JQ
Bios version: GKCN54WW
RAM: 32GB
ssd: 2tb
screen: 16 1600p 165hz

Much clear now…
Sorry, cant help you with that, seems that Lenovo changed something in bios on latest updates then.
If that can be unlocked, im not them most qualified for laptops bios unlock.
If its archivable or if bios can be downgraded, you should wait for other users, when their available online.

1 Like

np, thanks for ur care to my issue.
i hope other friends here to tell us if their bios versions below 54ww does have more bios options as shown in my picture above or not? it seem to be shown only in 54ww and above.

there might be some key combiniations?

How to overclock ram ?

Hi!

I have a Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 16ith6h (I7-11800H, RTX 3070) and I had problems on my kingston fury impact not reading the 3200mhz clock speed.

I was able to back read the full thread of this topic.But it seems like there are new steps along the way. I just wanted to ask if there are new procedures to unlock the bios.

I just wanted to have XMP profiles be enabled and run my RAM speeds to 3200mhz. Nothing else.

Right now my bios version is H1CN56WW (which is the latest, from reading the 1st post. It says that there’s a bios version that is supported, I might have to rollback)

Can someone provide the updated files that I need and updated links that has guides that I can follow to unlock my bios?

I willing to learn. I just need the updated files and links for the right procedures. I hope anyone would be able to help.Or it would be very much helpful if someone can provide the steps. Thanks in advanced.

Hi, I have an ideapad gaming 3 15imh05.
Does anyone know what .cfg should I use on it. I’m kind of confused.

Hi, I have a Lenovo Legion 5-15ACH6H type 82JU, I don’t know a lot about bios unlocking or flashing, I have tried the windows app unlocker (didn’t work), I’m a bit confused too about the .cfg usb unlocking thing. I have the gkcn64ww as my bios.

Hi. Can you help me so i can access the advanced BIOS on my Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2023 model with i7 13700HX, RTX 4070, and yesterday i swapped out the original Samsung 5600 2x8Gb RAM for my Kingston Fury Impact 2x32Gb DDR5 5600MHz CL40 RAM kit. But in performance tab in task manager it states they are running at 4800MHz and i want to run them at 5600MHz but when i do the memory speed test in cmd i get 5600 and also 2800x2 in cpu-z = 5600MHz. So what is up with that? That they show different values like this.

Hello I have the Lenovo legion slim 5 gen 8 16APH8 and bricked the bios by changing pstate0. Please guide me through flashing the bios via USB stick.
https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/m3cn43ww.exe
This is the bios. I tired to CMOS reset but it doesn’t work my guess is that the bios got corrupted.