[Tool] Lenovo (H2O) Bios Unlocker and Locker

I’ve restored as you said, PK and KEK as well. However I had to enable bios flash back and reflash the same bios as the EC firmware stayed on GKCN34WW. All is working well now. I have to keep a copy of this bios on my phone if I wanna keep messing with this laptop haha.

AC better performance limit. There were 3 settings, all set to 0, description indicated it was a %, so I changed them to 40. After that my cpu performance skyrocketed.

I already have a 140w bios in a 130w machine, not really worried about increasing my GPU performance, at least not under normal conditions. I would like to up my battery/usb c charger power limits from 40w to 60w on the GPU to make halo more playable even on a PD charger, but I haven’t found a setting in there that would seem to help. Both my vbios’s have left me with 40w on battery, so I am not sure if this number is tied to a vbios or is in a bios somewhere.

I don’t know about AMD but could those on Intel post a picture of their bios memory settings? I’ve successfully overclocked my laptop RAMs (Y700 Touch 15-ISK) for years now, using the Insyde Variable Editor). I’ve unlocked advanced settings with this tool (thanks, OP) and everything is unchanged.

My little advice to those struggling with RAM settings is to make sure you have manually extracted your bios settings with UEFI tool to be sure all the necessary RAM settings are exposed.

I’ve changed those settings to 100, but the only change I noticed was that the FCLK and UCLK don’t downclock anymore under lighter load, which in general is good for overall system performance.

Any advice on how to do that?

The usual disclaimer applies: you’re responsible for any damage you cause to your system by following any of the instructions or suggestions below. You follow these at your own risk.

To manually overclock, I had to:

1. Disable Bios Lock, Configuration Lock, MC Lock, Overclocking Lock, (and in some cases, RTC Lock). I suspect all these are exposed in your unlocked bios and could be easily toggled.
2. Enable overclocking Feature
3. Enable memory training if it’s disabled. Otherwise, leave it alone.
3a. Make sure MRC Exit On Failure is enabled. This will ensure your laptop aborts failed settings and loads defaults.
3b. Be sure MRC Training is enabled. Training can take up to a minute, and may require multiple boots to complete so be a little patient, and take note of successful patterns. This will enable you to know when an overclock has failed and your system is in a loop.
4. Maximum Memory Frequency. You can leave on Auto or select Maximum available, usually 3200MHz

* If you do all these and reboot, you might see previously dimmed options change to configurable options.

THE ACTUAL RAM OVERCLOCKING.

* You could change the Command Rate or N Mode from 2T to 1T before you start playing with your frequency. On my board, merely changing memory profile to custom (without changing anything else automatically selects 1T. You’ll just need to pay attention to how your board reacts.

5. Under Memory Profile, select Custom
6. Under Memory Reference Clock, choose either 100 or 133 (133 which will give you 2133, 2400, 2667, 2933, 3200, etc.)
7. Under Memory Ratio (this is the multiplier), choose 9 for 2400MHz if you’re on the 133 refclk, that is 133 x 9 = 1200 x (2 because DDR) = 2400MHz. You’ll get same if you’re on the 100 refclk like this: 100 x 12. I recommend you start from your default settings and up the ratios incrementally, leaving timings alone. Your board will automatically adjust the timings for you during training. You can always do timings after you’ve established your max frequency. I’ll post a timings guide later for my 2x 16GB Dual Rank sticks. It should help those who want to venture into that area.

IMPORTANT!
It’ll help if you have a different stick of DDR4 RAM on hand, one with different timings, density, and ICs. In case you find yourself in a loop, and pulling the batteries don’t work, you could swap out your sticks with that one. This usually triggers a reconfiguration on next power cycle. This trick has saved me more times than I can count.

The usual disclaimer applies: you’re responsible for any damage you cause to your system by following any of the instructions or suggestions below. You follow these at your own risk.

To manually overclock, I had to:

1. Disable Bios Lock, Configuration Lock, MC Lock, Overclocking Lock, (and in some cases, RTC Lock). I suspect all these are exposed in your unlocked bios and could be easily toggled.
2. Enable overclocking Feature
3. Enable memory training if it’s disabled. Otherwise, leave it alone.
3a. Make sure MRC Exit On Failure is enabled. This will ensure your laptop aborts failed settings and loads defaults.
3b. Be sure MRC Training is enabled. Training can take up to a minute, and may require multiple boots to complete so be a little patient, and take note of successful patterns. This will enable you to know when an overclock has failed and your system is in a loop.
4. Maximum Memory Frequency. You can leave on Auto or select Maximum available, usually 3200MHz

* If you do all these and reboot, you might see previously dimmed options change to configurable options.

THE ACTUAL RAM OVERCLOCKING.

* You could change the Command Rate or N Mode from 2T to 1T before you start playing with your frequency. On my board, merely changing memory profile to custom (without changing anything else automatically selects 1T. You’ll just need to pay attention to how your board reacts.

5. Under Memory Profile, select Custom
6. Under Memory Reference Clock, choose either 100 or 133 (133 which will give you 2133, 2400, 2667, 2933, 3200, etc.)
7. Under Memory Ratio (this is the multiplier), choose 9 for 2400MHz if you’re on the 133 refclk, that is 133 x 9 = 1200 x (2 because DDR) = 2400MHz. You’ll get same if you’re on the 100 refclk like this: 100 x 12. I recommend you start from your default settings and up the ratios incrementally, leaving timings alone. Your board will automatically adjust the timings for you during training. You can always do timings after you’ve established your max frequency. I’ll post a timings guide later for my 2x 16GB Dual Rank sticks. It should help those who want to venture into that area.

IMPORTANT!
It’ll help if you have a different stick of DDR4 RAM on hand, one with different timings, density, and ICs. In case you find yourself in a loop, and pulling the batteries don’t work, you could swap out your sticks with that one. This usually triggers a reconfiguration on next power cycle. This trick has saved me more times than I can count.

On my BIOS there aren’t options like these available. But I did a little digging around and found that there is an AMD Overclocking menu in the BIOS, but it is hidden. I don’t know how to mod BIOS’, so I don’t know how to unhide these settings, but there are tons of options I would love to play around with.

So you a 5000 series ryzen?
If you want to test accessing AMD Overclocking from AoDSetup, please send me a DM

Can i ask how did you get 140W bios on your GPU? Is yours a 3060 as well? Or is it s 3070?

Can i ask how did you get 140W bios on your GPU? Is yours a 3060 as well? Or is it s 3070?

3070 legion 5 17 (AMD). Was limited to 130w from the factory. My 140w bios strangely is recognized as a 140w bios, but seemed like it was hardware capped to 130w somehow. Someone else found a different manufacturers 140w bios that does in fact allow the 5 17 to pull 140w, but I’m a bit hesitant to load another manufacturers vbios, at least with mine it was straight from a legion 5 pro.

3070 legion 5 17 (AMD). Was limited to 130w from the factory. My 140w bios strangely is recognized as a 140w bios, but seemed like it was hardware capped to 130w somehow. Someone else found a different manufacturers 140w bios that does in fact allow the 5 17 to pull 140w, but I’m a bit hesitant to load another manufacturers vbios, at least with mine it was straight from a legion 5 pro.

Ah, I see. My 3060 sometimes actually peaks to about 175-180W which is crazy. only for split seconds though, but still. Thank god for the 300W PSU!

I have a Ryzen 5600H and i want to enable XMP or at least modify Timings. Can someone explain how i can do it safely without bricking my Laptop. Its 16ACH6H with 3060 130W and stock Ram(but i want to buy new one).

Can not be done currently without access to the AMD Overclocking tab.

Accessing to the Overclock Tab is not possible at the moment right?

Currently not, as far as I know, but @AARCH64_EL3 is working on a tool that might give access to it.

Currently not, as far as I know, but @AARCH64_EL3 is working on a tool that might give access to it.

Thank You for the quick Answer. So i just have to wait patiently for the next Tool hopefully

Thank You for the quick Answer. So i just have to wait patiently for the next Tool hopefully

Fingers crossed.

Does Insyde Variable Editor (H2OUVE) not work on AMD systems?

it works, and yes you could use taht to modify the AMD overclocking menu option, but I want a more easy and functional way to do it…

But If you know how to use UVE, maybe you already done it, without waiting for my tool.

@AARCH64_EL3 , does this tool work with with the intel varients? I need a way to just enable XMP or adjust ram timings o n my Legion 5 Pro-16ITH6H. Any guidance would be great.