[Tool] Lenovo (H2O) Bios Unlocker and Locker

I am on an Intel legion 5I pro 2021 with bios H1CN44WW.

I just want to have my ran run at the speeds it nothing like overclocking. I want 3200mhz C20 and nothing crazy. Is it unsafe to change the memory reference clock to 130 you think? Im running at 2840 right now or something to that extent. Any advice?

Do you have a dump of your bios menu settings from uefitool?

@Zucker2k I’m unsure of how to do it. I have uefiTool but the bios is an exe so unsure of how to open that to get you a dump.

Open the .exe, select Extract only and you’ll get the biosversion.exe. open biosversion.exe with 7zip and extract bios.fd from it. Done

Thanks for your great work!
I am interesting in your reserving.
Looking forward to your writeup.

I think i bricked my legion 7 (2021) . When i press power button keyboard backlights and fans are working, it seems fn button works too. But the screen is black, i can’t reach the bios menu. My bios version is GKCN49WW. I tried to recovery from usb method but it doesn’t work for me (there is no beep sound or anything else). Is there another way to recover my laptop?

How exactly did you do the usb method?

I created a fat32 GPT usb with name gkcn. Copied gkcn.bin from AARCH64_EL3’s post in early pages to this usb. Unpluged charger, while pressing fn+R keys, pluged the charger again. Laptop start working immediately when i plug the charger. There is no beep sound.

Unplug every thing, plug in USB, hold fn+R, plug charger, press power button once, and a red light well appear next to the charger port. Keep holding the fn+R buttons until the laptop starts beeping. If you don’t see the red light show up next to the charging port, you are doing something wrong.

When I plug the charger laptop starts working immediately before I press power button, is it normal? Also on my model there is any light next to the charger port. There is a plug symbol and I noticed that it is always white.

If the laptop powers on when you plug the charger, just hold down the power button until it turns off, unplug the charger, and start over, and it should work. I guess on your model the light is behind the symbol, it should turn red when the recovery mode works.

No way, recovery from usb not working for me. Is there any suggestion?

It should work, but if it doesn’t, try and remove the back cover, unplug the battery and the CR2032 cell battery as well (plug is under the NVMe shield), remove the NMVe drive(s) and RAM and hold down the power button for 20-30 seconds. After that, plug the batteries back in, and reinstall the RAM, but not the NVMe drive(s). Boot the laptop and see if it works.

I tried it, but it didn’t help. I guess I need a spi programmer, am I right?

Well, if the above mentioned doesn’t work, the programmer always will. But the laptop lights suggest that it works, and the USB Method should work. What happens? What is not working when you are trying?

The status led of usb key just blink once when powers on the laptop. I tried different usb keys but the result didn’t change.

- The Fat32 USB key labeled GKCN - ok
- gkcn.bin - ok
- removing and pluging batteries again - ok
- removing NVMe and Rams - ok

Also I tired to powers on without any ram plugged. I shoul hear some beeps about there is no ram, but it’s not beeping.

Did you keep the fn+R held down while plugging the power and pressing the power button? From the moment you plug in the USB until the moment you hear the beep you should have the fn+R held down.

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Unplug everything.
3. Plug in USB with gkcn.bin.
4. Press and HOLD fn+R keys. (keep holding while doing the next steps.)
5. Plug in power. (If laptop powers on automatically, hold the power button until it shuts off, and start again from Step 2.)
6. Press Power button once. The laptop will turn on and your charger indicator will turn red.
7. Keep holding the fn+R keys until the laptop will start beeping very loudly. You van release the fn+R once it starts beeping.
8. Wait until the laptop reboots itself.

I really can’t help anymore. If you did everything right, this method should work.

Did you keep the fn+R held down while plugging the power and pressing the power button? From the moment you plug in the USB until the moment you hear the beep you should have the fn+R held down.

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Unplug everything.
5. Plug in power. (If laptop powers on automatically, hold the power button until it shuts off, and start again from Step 2.)
6. Press Power button once. The laptop will turn on and your charger indicator will turn red.
7. Keep holding the fn+R keys until the laptop will start beeping very loudly. You van release the fn+R once it starts beeping.

I really can’t help anymore. If you did everything right, this method should work.

Thank you for your support, the procedure not working for me.

I will try spi flash. Anyone know the position of bios chip on motherboard?

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Unplug everything.

Thank you for your support, the procedure not working for me.

I will try spi flash. Anyone know the position of bios chip on motherboard?

It is next to the SO-DIMMs labelled W74M12JW. See attached photo.

what’s this chip then?