[TOOL REQUEST] CH341A software version 1.18

I’m attempting to in situ read the BIOS chip on a ThinkPad P50, chip make Winbond 25Q128FVSQ.

AsProgrammer 1.4.1 and 2.0.1 fail to identify the chip, and fail to read it, in the sense that the resulting files differ.

For the chip, elsewhere in the forum (Problem reading bios chip with ch341a and with clip), exactly version 1.18 of the CH341A software @Lost_N_BIOS suggested as providing valid read, but the share link has expired.

Is that a version someone here has a trusted source for?

@humanplayer
After having done a simple Google search for the CH341A software version 1.18, I found a lot of download links. Is that too difficult for you?

No no, I did that too, but determining whether I could trust those – to me that have no area expertise – random sources of exe files was too difficult. Since I saw files are shared here from trusted senior members, I thought this was "the way".

Is there one of the links you found that you trust?

@humanplayer

You can tag them or send them a PM. Otherwise the Forum members, who have posted the related link, may not get knowledge about your request.

Sometiimes I don’t even trust myself. No risk - no fun!

OK, thank you for the etiquette clarification. I have edited my first post with a tag.

Does anyone actual have it rather than tell us to Google it? Cos Google just gets me newer versions or dead links… and I am also stuck with problems with newer versions and Winbond chip above

Here’s the link to Lost original files from 2018 (it contains the 1.18).
*Note, that the included original IC database file does not list the W25Q128FV

Drivers included are old version 2.2.2009.6 still supporting old OS.

Latest are 2.4.2023.10 supporting W10/11 here

1 Like

Thanks, I got it working as I found a post from lfb that said you need to erase before writing… did that and it worked with AFprogrammer

1 Like