[TOOL] UEFI Editor

Yes, I did that because I wanted to retain access to the 0712 page while also accessing the 2712 page.
Since there isnt anything useful on the 2711 page. Should I try again and replace the 2712 page? but there are items that also need to be accessed on that page, I dont want to lose it (but I can try, maybe i can adjust those settings another way…)

These three settings all I really want.

most important one being the IA ICC MAX

I tried with setup_var.efi but I get error 0x00000008 EFI_WRITE_PROTECTED
It’s odd because I can flash the bios fine with FPTW64.

You aren’t going to lose access to the regular “Advanced” Form, as I already explained in the usage guide on GitHub. When you select the “Advanced” tab in the UI, it will show the normal 0x2712-Advanced Form. Then you press Escape and get directed to the parent Form of the hidden 0x2717-Advanced Form, which is 0x2710 Setup. From there you can select e.g. 0x2717-Advanced (the hidden one you want) or 0x2718 Chipset.

Hi everyone, I too am having issues with a Chinese motherboard. ERYING ITX Skyline 11th gen HM570 and would appreciate some help…

I have successfully modded via UEFI Editor and flashed the BIOS but when I try to visit a menu item which has been modified the BIOS gets stuck (cursor stops working, cannot exit or do anything at all). Took a quick video of the fault: Erying ITX bios modding gets stuck on specific modified menu - YouTube

The changelog

========== Section_PE32_image_Setup_Setup.sct ==========

Unsuppressed 0x41494
Unsuppressed 0x41488
Unsuppressed 0x4152A
Unsuppressed 0x4155F
Unsuppressed 0x416C6
Unsuppressed 0x416FB
Unsuppressed 0x4172C
Unsuppressed 0x4177B
Unsuppressed 0x41769
Unsuppressed 0x41959
Unsuppressed 0x41904
Unsuppressed 0x419D2
Unsuppressed 0x41A1B
Unsuppressed 0x41A50
Unsuppressed 0x41AB5
Unsuppressed 0x41B26
Unsuppressed 0x41B1E
Unsuppressed 0x41B45
Unsuppressed 0x41BA2

I have put together a zip file including:

• Original BIOS
  • Extracted files following the UEFI-tool tutorial (4 files needed for web ui tool)
  • Folder named “failed-modified-bios-menustuck” contains the final modified bios I flashed for that video I shared, the changelog for that attempt and the .sct of the mod.
  • Folder named “disable-bios-write-protection” was my other BIOS flash attempt at changing just 1 default setting, to turn off the annoying “BIOS Write Protection” so I can easily flash a new bios with intel tool without an error about protected registers… unfortunately this also failed and did not work. BIOS was locked too and I had to use my CH341a programmer to recover.

Download: Erying-ITX-bios-winraid – Google Drive

1 Like

any guidance on how to detect and determine this - and fix? I also found the “AMIBCP” software to also try to mod the BIOS here and see if I see anything the web UI tool did not find… but I am a bit lost at what I am looking for.

This is all the BIOS “CPU Configuration” page displays. basically an output of CPU stats and no settings. There is nowhere to go down this menu. https://imgur.com/a/AKNgzrl

Any more luck on this? Being able to add/remove options (rather than “augment”) them would be awesome, especially if there aren’t enough menu item slots available for “replacements”.

EDIT: Actually in my case (with an almost vanilla Aptio V BIOS on Asrock IMB-X1314), it doesn’t seem possible to use this “replacement” technique. This is because these topmost menu items belong to the “tab bar” that’s selectable only with a “tab” instead of “click” - so when I press Esc I only see “Discard changes and exit”. I’ve tried replacing both Advanced menu items, as well as either of them - in the former case I see only the replacement menu with no way to go back to the original, and in the latter case (when I replace only one of them), it disappears entirely…

EDIT3: I was able to get into an alternative “Exit” menu that has Save/Restore User Defaults items, which reduces the need for me to use this method to edit NVRAM defaults directly. However, it seems I still have to use that method for the menu items that I can’t reach, due to the issue described in my 1st edit (and the fact that my NVRAM is completely locked by ASRock outside of flashing with flashrom, despite BIOS and CFG Locks being disabled).

EDIT4: I ended up replacing 2 topmost menu items that I don’t need for now, which allows me to configure the previously inaccessible settings and save them via BIOS UI as user defaults, and to switch the menu back once everything is configured, by reflashing it. I think this is good enough for now, although I wish there was an easier way.

Nope, I’m sorry. Getting my first desktop PC this august. This is where I will have a lot of opportunities to experiment.

If you create a proper request I’ll give a look to what else can be done.

1 Like

Try with these files. Erying ITX – Google Drive
Already modified. But in a different way.

do you mind sharing how/what was changed?

Before I came back to this thread I messed around with AMIBCP 5.02 and from this tool I was able to modify the BIOS defaults to enable “most” ASPM, except one of the most important ones (I think).

“DMI Link ASPM Control” - if I enable this setting, doesn’t matter which option, anything other than “Disabled” causes an unbootable system (no BIOS video output) I am not sure why.

Does anyone have any pointers? I added my modified bios that has almost all settings I think I need except this one in case anyone doesn’t mind looking to see if maybe ASPM DMI isn’t working due to another setting(s) not being enabled.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eZYzUggEcUpAKu_IWOAou3J4AYxUunv1?usp=sharing

The Setup section has undergone almost the same changes as before. The options you highlited were unsuppressed with ‘False’ state. Method used by UEFI Editor is not that proven, in my opinion. I also made changes to AMITSE which should put the CPU config menu on the top. Sort of a plan B if it become inaccessible again after changing the Setup.

Do you have any plans to support Aptio IV ?

Probably not

Hello,
I am French and speak bad English. Sorry, I use an automatic translator…
Thank you for your work.
I have an Erying Itx with a 12900HK.

To be able to access overcklocking on these motherboards is really good.
I tried the 2 mod for Erying 12th Itx, mod8 and mod9 and the original Bios you gave the link.
All three work well but with two curious things:
The first.
They don’t access my Rtx 3060. They only display on the embedded intel. Never on the Nvidia. I tried all the combinations of parameters. Is there one well hidden and that I would not have seen?
The second one…
When I stop windows, the screen becomes black, everything is inactive but the fans the motherboard, graphics etc are still in operation.
I did “clear Cmos” but nothing changes.

With the latest Bios found on the site of Erying, I do not have these problems.

Do you have an idea?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, I hope to enjoy two more.
Best regards.

I have this board: X10DRG X10DRG-OT+-CPU | Motherboards | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.

Previously I added re-bar successfully and I used AMI UEFI editor to enable some menus by both changing suppress and access level. The menu still doesn’t show up but some of the others do. https://imgur.com/a/ckJybFt

The top 2 enable but the bottom 2 do not, whether access level is 1 or 9.

Is there another way to enable sleep, perhaps another module that should be changed. Would all these enable if I used the manufacturing mode jumper?

edit: I changed IDs to 05 and I can see one more menu but not the one with the suspend limit ( ACPI Sleep State). If I remove both conditions for it, both “09” menus disappear.

Also added intelRCsetup but I cannot enable the overclocking page. Even if I unsupress it with the editor the page won’t show. Cannot change access levels because there is no body bin for the platform dxe module. Don’t know what else to do. Maybe UMAF tool can edit all of these.

edit2: Used the UMAF tool and enabled S3 sleep but still only see s2idle. I am out of ideas.

Is it possible to unhide some menu on this BIOS without flashing a new BIOS?

BIOS: Filebin | rozxv4gpyiwlpmtb

I mean something “on the fly” like explained here

Hello

Can you allow multi-byte values please for numeric fields, for example if the maximum (or minimum) uses 2 bytes … ? Or more bytes ?

I would like to update by Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO) parameters for Ryzen CPUs (PPT, TDC, EDC), but the JavaScript form only allows me to input a single byte in hexadecimal, and I can not input 300 Ampers for EDC

I got something like this. I cant access 0x2712 advanced menu, how to make it works?

Hello.
I’m up to try adding more options to the tool. Could you clarify my understanding of code? I need help because when I add another bytes to array, the tool starts changing the values itself with no input from user.

Are my comments correct?

function getAccessLevels(
  bytes: string,
  hexSetupdataBin: string
): [string, string, string, Offsets] | [null, null, null, null] {
  const byteArray = bytes.split(" ");
  const regex = new RegExp(

//Sort by Question ID
      byteArray[6] +
      byteArray[7] +

//Skip 14 bytes and parse AccessLevel
      ".{28}(..).{6}" +

//Sort by Description string ID, skip 26 bytes, sort by Name string ID
      byteArray[4] +
      byteArray[5] +
      ".{52}" +
      byteArray[2] +
      byteArray[3] +

//Skip 2 bytes and parse defaults
      ".{4}(..)(..)",
    "g"
  );

Optimal and Failsafe are one byte fields. Use this method for now.

What exactly are you trying to do?