[TOOL] UEFI Editor

I googled some and the padding message seemed to be ok…(were conflicting answers)

I used 0.28 since 0.25 gave the same message on padding.

I flashed BIOS with the change and flash went fine. However now the Advanced tab is not accesible at all. I can see it but can’t choose it.

EDIT:
replaced the 2nd Advanced in menu with 0x2719 aswell, then Advanced was choosable again. However I only saw the old advance options and if I pressed escape I just got “Do you want to exit without saving changes”.

Anything else I can trie?

Got it to work.
Made a 2nd attempt on changes both Advanced to 0x2719. This time I see all options when I go to Advanced. Don’t know why it didn’t work the first time…

This is freaking awesome.
Thx for the help(very happy)

1 Like

I tried your tool with a tongfang 17" 13900hx +4090
I tried replacing the “main” menu with the advanced tab I wanted.I also changed permissions from 01 to 29 to match some other options

I also changed some variables directly such as overclockin lock and cfg lock and undervolt protection from 01 to 00, and NOTHING took

the menu remained totally unchanged and all overclocking was still locked, kinda weird…

Picture 2: Failsafe and Optimal are being ignored · Issue #9 · BoringBoredom/UEFI-Editor · GitHub, will eventually work on it
Picture 3: Try to change all occurrences of “Advanced” to the target Form, like etnicor did above. Then press Escape once you’re in the vanilla “Advanced” Form.
Picture 4: That won’t do anything since you haven’t been able to access the “Setup” Form so far, and you’ll likely not need to change those once you can access “Setup” anyway.

2: OK!
3: The other occurrences are ALREADY set to the one I want. Should I change a different one maybe?
4: I understand. I thought I need to change access to the “form” / “page” any other idea?

1. Is there a way to just change some variables? Such as IA ICC Current limit
    offset: 0x347, store: 0x2

I can’t change the variables using setup_var.efi, there seems to be an access error or something. I get error 00000000008

so hoping to change them directly in the bios image and flash it.

Tongfang and some other Chinese models might use 1 additional array to control forms visibility. UEFIEditor do not see it.

What motherboard/BIOS is that? Can you provide a download link?

Of course! attached mobo info and bios:

Uniwill / Tongfang GM7PX9N
13900HX
4090 mobile

Bios and mobo info from HWINFO is here:

The 1st forms blacklist.
AMITSE PE32 Image Section offset 25020h - 2519Fh.

The 2nd blacklist.
AMITSE PE32 Image Section offset 26E80h - 26E8Dh.

:crazy_face:

What should I do? :rofl:

It depends on what you want. I can only edit the AMITSE SCT file to unlock Advanced tab. Should I do this for you?

I just noticed you replaced 0x2711-Main with 0x2717-Advanced instead of 0x2712-Advanced with 0x2717-Advanced. Try doing that and then press Escape when you’re in the UI’s Advanced tab, which should hopefully direct you to the parent Form of 0x2717-Advanced.

Yes!!!

I want to access the page where I can turn off undervolt protection, overclocking lock,
and especially, adjust the IA ICC MAX value, they set a value way too low and the CPU is always EDP limited.

THE IA ICC MAX value is offset 0x347 , Store CpuSetup,

I did do a hex edit of the bios, but I went to use AMIBCP, but there is an error with AMIBCP saying “too many strings, the tabs will not be displayed” so AMIBCP wont be able to adjust the permission.

I never actually flashed that bios, scared of bricking, only the ones edited with Brainlet’s tool, which didnt change anything I could notice.

Any idea what tool I would need in case I need to do a hardware flash if I brick it? CH341A might work?

Yes, I did that because I wanted to retain access to the 0712 page while also accessing the 2712 page.
Since there isnt anything useful on the 2711 page. Should I try again and replace the 2712 page? but there are items that also need to be accessed on that page, I dont want to lose it (but I can try, maybe i can adjust those settings another way…)

These three settings all I really want.

most important one being the IA ICC MAX

I tried with setup_var.efi but I get error 0x00000008 EFI_WRITE_PROTECTED
It’s odd because I can flash the bios fine with FPTW64.

You aren’t going to lose access to the regular “Advanced” Form, as I already explained in the usage guide on GitHub. When you select the “Advanced” tab in the UI, it will show the normal 0x2712-Advanced Form. Then you press Escape and get directed to the parent Form of the hidden 0x2717-Advanced Form, which is 0x2710 Setup. From there you can select e.g. 0x2717-Advanced (the hidden one you want) or 0x2718 Chipset.

Hi everyone, I too am having issues with a Chinese motherboard. ERYING ITX Skyline 11th gen HM570 and would appreciate some help…

I have successfully modded via UEFI Editor and flashed the BIOS but when I try to visit a menu item which has been modified the BIOS gets stuck (cursor stops working, cannot exit or do anything at all). Took a quick video of the fault: Erying ITX bios modding gets stuck on specific modified menu - YouTube

The changelog

========== Section_PE32_image_Setup_Setup.sct ==========

Unsuppressed 0x41494
Unsuppressed 0x41488
Unsuppressed 0x4152A
Unsuppressed 0x4155F
Unsuppressed 0x416C6
Unsuppressed 0x416FB
Unsuppressed 0x4172C
Unsuppressed 0x4177B
Unsuppressed 0x41769
Unsuppressed 0x41959
Unsuppressed 0x41904
Unsuppressed 0x419D2
Unsuppressed 0x41A1B
Unsuppressed 0x41A50
Unsuppressed 0x41AB5
Unsuppressed 0x41B26
Unsuppressed 0x41B1E
Unsuppressed 0x41B45
Unsuppressed 0x41BA2

I have put together a zip file including:

• Original BIOS
  • Extracted files following the UEFI-tool tutorial (4 files needed for web ui tool)
  • Folder named “failed-modified-bios-menustuck” contains the final modified bios I flashed for that video I shared, the changelog for that attempt and the .sct of the mod.
  • Folder named “disable-bios-write-protection” was my other BIOS flash attempt at changing just 1 default setting, to turn off the annoying “BIOS Write Protection” so I can easily flash a new bios with intel tool without an error about protected registers… unfortunately this also failed and did not work. BIOS was locked too and I had to use my CH341a programmer to recover.

Download: Erying-ITX-bios-winraid – Google Drive

1 Like

any guidance on how to detect and determine this - and fix? I also found the “AMIBCP” software to also try to mod the BIOS here and see if I see anything the web UI tool did not find… but I am a bit lost at what I am looking for.

This is all the BIOS “CPU Configuration” page displays. basically an output of CPU stats and no settings. There is nowhere to go down this menu. https://imgur.com/a/AKNgzrl

Any more luck on this? Being able to add/remove options (rather than “augment”) them would be awesome, especially if there aren’t enough menu item slots available for “replacements”.

EDIT: Actually in my case (with an almost vanilla Aptio V BIOS on Asrock IMB-X1314), it doesn’t seem possible to use this “replacement” technique. This is because these topmost menu items belong to the “tab bar” that’s selectable only with a “tab” instead of “click” - so when I press Esc I only see “Discard changes and exit”. I’ve tried replacing both Advanced menu items, as well as either of them - in the former case I see only the replacement menu with no way to go back to the original, and in the latter case (when I replace only one of them), it disappears entirely…

EDIT3: I was able to get into an alternative “Exit” menu that has Save/Restore User Defaults items, which reduces the need for me to use this method to edit NVRAM defaults directly. However, it seems I still have to use that method for the menu items that I can’t reach, due to the issue described in my 1st edit (and the fact that my NVRAM is completely locked by ASRock outside of flashing with flashrom, despite BIOS and CFG Locks being disabled).

EDIT4: I ended up replacing 2 topmost menu items that I don’t need for now, which allows me to configure the previously inaccessible settings and save them via BIOS UI as user defaults, and to switch the menu back once everything is configured, by reflashing it. I think this is good enough for now, although I wish there was an easier way.

Nope, I’m sorry. Getting my first desktop PC this august. This is where I will have a lot of opportunities to experiment.

If you create a proper request I’ll give a look to what else can be done.

1 Like