Toshiba Qosmio F750 Qosmio BIOS unlocking + EFI for GPT booting Etc

Hi,

I need help unlocking my bios on my laptop to enable extra features and add a couple of BIOS Modules for EFI booting /GOP / NVMe or whatever I can upgrade to.

My Laptop Model is (F750 (PQF75E-036008EN)

The ME version is 7.1 for reference :slight_smile:

I have used the Intel ME to make a BIOS image but when I reflashed it to test it came up with errors which are included in the attachment screenshots along with the Intel Biosreg.BIN dump

Also how do I rebuild a BIOS file from the Descriptor files - ME - Bios - GbE - Pdr … to make one BIOS.BIN of the correct size … Is there a BIOS builder Util possibly???

Also finally what util would I flash this final BIOS.BIN with onto my Tosdhiba Laptop?

Thankyou so much for you time in reading this and hope help comes my way.

Tosh_Files.zip (2.05 MB)

Dump BIOS region with FPT as mentioned in PM, then edit, then flash that back (after bypassing any possible locks in place)
All rest you mentioned about regions is unnecessary/not relevant to what you want to do.

For my own, and anyone else’s reference later, this is the initial BIOS info I sent you in PM

This BIOS is UEFI Type, so you should be able to use NVME drives, once you dump with FPT and we get around any locks in place to flash back the NVME Mod BIOS
From the exe download, Once extracted, and after you extract from the .com file (Using This Tool), you can work on this file with UEFITool (V25 suggested)
This is Insyde BIOS, you can work on this file with ezh20_2.1.0.4 (but nothing much to do there ) Best to do any edits with UEFITool and hex editor

There is not a thing called VT-d Update, so not sure what you mean there? BDS module is what your “Setup” module is for this BIOS, if you want to extract it and then dump IFR text from it you can see all possible settings.

Ohh, I see this for Vt-D
Setting: Virtualization Technology, Variable: 0x77[1] {05 09 77 00 01 CB 01 D0 01}
Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 {09 09 CC 01 00 00 00 00 00}
Option: VT-x & VT-d, Value: 0x1 {09 09 CF 01 01 00 00 00 00}
Option: VT-x Only, Value: 0x2 {09 09 CD 01 02 00 01 00 00} << This one looks to be default at BIOS settings in general, but I can’t tell for sure until you send me a BIOS region dump so I can check what’s currently applied in NVRAM
Option: VT-d Only, Value: 0x3 {09 09 CE 01 03 00 00 00 00}

I do not see any windows OS type choices, Secure Boot, or CSM, so you may not be able to boot UEFI with NVME, only a test after NVME Mod will let you know. You may have to use one of these USB methods
[Guide] NVMe-boot without modding your UEFI/BIOS (Clover-EFI bootloader method)
[Guide] NVMe-boot for systems with legacy BIOS and older-UEFI (DUET-REFIND)

VT-d option can be safely changed with grub / setup_var, I’ll help you with that later if vars.txt creation fails (as it’s similar thing, we can edit VT-d option at vars too).
What do you want that set to, VT-x & VT-d?

Please download this package, and run following command once from each folder that contains the exe and see if any vars.txt is created in either folder, if they are, upload that version’s folder back to me (or just the vars.txt, but keep in mind which version created it, because you will use that one to write back.
Sadly with error 28, there may be only two safe options to flash mod BIOS on this system, via pinmod to unlock FD (See “E.1” but don’t do anything until later/lst resort), or with flash programmer such as CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…330235464639787

Select the folder from each version’s folder that directly contains the .exe, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).
At the command prompt type the following command and send me the created file (From both if two are created, keep them in properly named version folders so we know what created what)
H2OUVE.exe -gv vars.txt

There is another tool directly made to bypass error 28, but it’s risky to use and not advisable unless you have programmer in hand and backup already made so you’re ready to recover.
However, if all else fails, and you want to try it before ordering a programmer let me know and I’ll send to you later,

Hi Lost_N_BIOS

Yes, I would like VT-x & VT-d

I would also like to add the Intel 6 series SataDriver to enable EFI booting from my SSD sata drives in GPT filesystem :wink:

I did this and both folders return the error of which I have enclosed the screenshots.

Yes the risky bypass for error 28 will be Ok, is it really risky or just risky like flashing BIOS’s?

thankyou my friend for you kind feedback

Capture1.PNG

@Lost_N_BIOS did you have any ideas regarding my last post?

Cheers :pray::pray::pray::+1:

Please try vars dump again with the version attached in this post, in case one I sent you is corrupted - acer VN7-592g bios unlock request_Attacched_B.dumb
Delete the vars.txt included in that package, then run the command again. If you get same error, OK, then we can’t use this method on your board.

Did we already try grub and setup_var edit instead of UVE vars edit method?

Here is risky method around PRR lock. Make DOS bootable USB, put all contents of DOS FPT folder on your DOS Bootable USB, then put these files too

Boot to DOS, run prr.exe, then attempt to run both of the following FPT commands (if #2 succeeds then this method works for your system)
FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin
FPT.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin

Before you use the above, we should test if your BIOS has the S3 sleep bug. Please put system to Sleep (S3) for one minute, then wake it up and try to dump BIOS regon and reflash BIOS region with FPTw.exe
FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin
FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin

^^^ If this succeed with sleep method, no need for DOS/PRR tool ^^