Toshiba XG5 NVMe Drivers for Installing Windows 7

i am running into a very similar situation with the Toshiba drive
VEN_1179&DEV_0116
using windows PE

I did get the Samsung to work properly
VEN_144D&dev_a804

So, was the windows hotfix all that was needed to get things working?
when i run /get-packages, i receive
State: Install Pending
for the hotfix

i’m using windows AIK and dism commands to add the drivers.

If i remove the USB 3.0 drivers, the mouse and keyboard no longer work in windows PE.
When i’m in windows PE, i run diskpart but do not see the NVMe when running the list disk command

@jmanhere :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

The problem is, that you cannot use any modded mass storage driver from scratch.
It is up to Toshiba resp. OCZ to offer WHQL certified drivers for all their NVMe SSD Controllers.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

hi jakehero, I meet the same issue ,could you share the install guide to me ,how to install windows 7 with xg 5

+1
I would like to know the method as well.

@jackbo :
@adrianyujs :

Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and good luck regarding the solution of your problem!

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

For my case still not solved yet.

For me I use clean ISO, den I dism USB 3.0 driver and Microsoft NVME hotfix only.

When loaded windows installation, I use command prompt to run diskpart, I were able to list disk and saw nvme drive, but when going to install windows, there is no nvme drive, I load modded gx5 and it detect compatible and I proceed to install. However its still didn’t show the nvme drive.

So its doesn’t make sense why diskpart able to see nvme drive but windows not able to see the drive.

What am I missing?

Hi Guys i have the same issue from jakehero, i did already make all steps include USB drivers that part was ok, also include those two Microsoft hotfix packages and also was ok,
but the disk still wont showing, it did before by repair mode but no longer after include the packs.
Any help idea?
Thank you.

EDIT:
SCSI\DiskNVMe____KXG50ZNV256G_TOSAAHA
SCSI\DiskNVMe____KXG50ZNV256G_TOS
SCSI\DiskNVMe____
SCSI\NVMe____KXG50ZNV256G_TOSA
NVMe____KXG50ZNV256G_TOSA
GenDisk

Even when i try to install running system in other disk i have the same issue disk wont show or show and do not accept.

@lzp :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

To make it easier for other users and to save space, I have merged your last 3 posts.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Ok thanks can u help me in this situation the mod drivers wont working

lzp:
Please explain step-by-step, what you have done and what happened.
The HardwareIDs you have posted belong to the SSD itself, but not to the NVMe Controller, which is within the chip of the SSD. This device doesn’t need and will not accept any third party driver.
After having used the “Repair” option, did you try to choose "Advanced options > Troubleshoot > “Advanced options” > “Startup Settings” > “Restart” and to hit F7 (“Disable driver signature enforcement”)?

Ok how i figured out how to make it install:
1 Installed other disk in my new PC HP mini G3 Elitedesk that contains NVME Toshiba XG5
Installed the windows 7 normally in this disk
installed the NVME controller modified by Fernando
Clone the system with acronis to NVME disk
And it finally work boot and runs normally.

Hello all,
im new.

My problem is to patch an existing Win7pro 64 installation (lot of CAD software installed) and to move it to an HP Envy 7-ae141ng with an XG5 512Gb SSD.

I created a win7pro 64 stick with usb3 driver and included also the windows nvme driver. The installation on the Envy was sucessfull and win 7 is booting without problems. And now i have transfered the old (HP elitebook) Windows Installation to this disk into windows.old folder. Also the Folders: Users and Program Files and Program files (64) directory.

i would like to patch that installation with the nvme to advoid the timeconsuming installation of all Software (other Hardwaredrivers are no problem with "drivergenius")
i have running WIN7pro on the nvme ssd and the windows.old folder with the four directories of the important installation.

is this possible?

have fun
Hermann

@docmaster :
Hello Hermann,
welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

I doubt, that your project will work, but I wish you good luck!
According to my expience a fresh OS install is the better solution, because this way you will get rid of all your garbage and blown up Registry.
How often do you replace the system drive and how long do you expect to use the OS Win7?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

when i calculate the time for the Win7 AND "Updates" even with offline updates, then the software installation, and then the IBM Notes Installation with replication of large databases for this traveling user it will take minimum an day or so. If the system can be patched it would take 45 min inclusive copying all data to harddisk. I know that sometimes a new installation is better, but in this case the patch would be better. We will use this Win7 for at least 2 years on this company computer. Windows 10 is not only a security issue but also disseize item. The Computer are replaced on need, in this case somebody drove with a car-wheel over it (of course in a bag, and the Elitebook is still running with external Monitor, but LCD and chassis is broken.)

i think a patch should be some registry entries an some files. am i wrong?
can i include the nvme drivers on the old system before coping it like lzp did with an additional harddisk?

have fun
Hermann

@docmaster :
Since I don’t have any experience with cloning a Win7 installation onto an SSD, which uses and needs another storage driver, I cannot really help you.
Recently I have seen a report from a user, who successfully had done that by using Acronis True Image 2018.

i will try following: connect the old disk to an external usb dockingstation and boot from it on the nvme envy7 laptop. Then goto device manager and install the driver for nvme, after that clone the drive in a linux boot dvd environment on this machine. (Maybe i copy only the c:windows directory again because the others are already there and the drivers are in the registry part of local machine)

Howto clone:
look for the disknames of the inputdrive (if) and outputdrive (of) with "gparted", and then unmount it for copy, then in Terminal
Linux > dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sdc bs=128M – where sdb is input and sdc is target
Mac> diskutil list --to look which drivename is
Mac > dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sdc bs=128m
then fdisk /dev/sdc
and make first partition bootable. This way is also good for clone usb sticks and make them bootable.

have fun
Hermann

the patch was sucessfull.

what i did
1. copy old hardisk to nvme disk (with linux boot dvd C’t desinfect 2018, =Ubuntu, open Terminal, sudo -s to get a root terminal)
-connect old harddisk with usb-adapter to laptop
bootcd was disk1, nvme was disk2, external usb disk was disk3
-Linux > dd if=/dev/disk3 of=/dev/disk2 bs=128M
disk2 was already bootable
disconnect old disk
2. installed win7pro with usbstick (with usb3 driver and nvme MS patch)
the harddisk was visible in the dialog of harddisk, chose option to make new installation (move the old to windows.old folder on nvme disk)

3. booted with install stick into terminal and did following:
4. then renamed windows to windows_7, users to users_7, program files to program files_7 and program files (x86) to program files (x86)_7, programdata to programdata_7 (hidden)
5. then moved the folders in d:\windows.old to d:\ directly. Now the original files of the old disk were in the right place.

6. then copy in terminal the following files (windows_7 was the new install with nvme, files dated at today)
copy
c:\windows_7\system32\drivers\classpnp.sys and
d:\windows_7\system32\drivers\stornvme.sys and
d:\windows_7\system32\drivers\storport.sys and
to the respective d:\windows\system32\drivers<br />and copy c:\windows_7\system32\driverspack\stornvme.inf_loc to c:\windows\system32\driverspack
then copy c:\windows_7\inf\stornvme.inf and c:\windows_7\inf\stornvme.pnf
to c:\windows\inf<br />
and copy c:\windows_7\system32\driverstore\filerepository\stornvme.inf_admd64_neutral_e956dafdaed58a8c* (a folder with 3 files)
to c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository<br />
and finally

> dism /image:d:\ /add-driver /driver:d:\windows\inf\stornvme.inf /forceunsigned

NOTE: dism adds a driver to an image where the image can be a normal drive with an installation, here it is d:\ because we are in bootstick terminal wich is c:<br />see here https://christian.hofstaedtler.name/blog…dd-drivers.html

then reboot and the login at domain level, and all Software works.

Todo: install missing hardwaredrivers with drivergenius and buy a new windows 7 pro license.
BAD: Windows pops up with a window: This hardware is to new and will not be supported in windows 7, so no further windows updates.

have fun
Hermann