Tower server gone desktop

I have a TD340 Lenovo tower server that I’m converting to a desktop for CAD use. I modded the BIOS to add NVMe support and have Windows 10 up and running on an EVO 970 via. PCIe adapter.

One of the programs I use is Multisim (electronic simulation) but none of my simulations run on this machine. Multisim itself runs but it gives me a timestamp error when I run a simulation. All of my simulations run fine on my Windows 7 machine so that leaves two possibilities. Either Multisim doesn’t like the server hardware, or it doesn’t like Windows 10. I assumed it was Windows 10 so I unplugged the NVMe and stuck in a SATA SSD and installed Windows 7 on it. Multisim now runs fine.

Well… Now I’m trying to clone the Windows 7 installation over to the NVMe. First I installed the KB patch to add NVMe support to Windows 7, then added the Samsung NVMe driver. I can see the drive in Windows, and I can clone to it, but the NVMe isn’t bootable. The Windows Boot Manager doesn’t show up in the BIOS under boot devices.

Has anyone successfully cloned Windows 7 over to an NVMe and had it boot?

According to its website,Multisim 14.2 supports Windows 10.Which version you are using? Only version 14 and below supports Windows 7

Circuit Design Suite will drop support for Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, and all 32-bit Windows operating systems starting in 2021.So please update your app

MultisimLive Online Circuit Simulator also available

You also need Visual C++
The latest supported Visual C++ downloads

Tower Server - TD340 latest bios version is A3TSF5A (24 Nov 2020)

Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers
The Magician SSD management utility (for firmware updates and settings)

Updating management engine firmware also recommended,
Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools

Firmware updates may improve speed,stability and eliminate bugs.same applies to bios updates aswell

Cloning is not ideal,it is always best to clean install Windows

As rule of thumb,keep your OS,apps,bios and drivers updated