Transfer MAC, UUID, MBSN to new bios chip

I have created a backup of my Maximus VIII Formula bios chip that was shipped with my board using AsProgrammer. I have ordered another chip to downgrade my ME and was able to successfully downgrade it using a CH431a programmer using AsProgrammer. Now I need assistance with transferring the motherboard specific data from the old chip to the new chip. I’ve used a tool called FD44Editor to retrieve the information in text form.

Usually you just copy paste that info from your dump onto a notepad and copy paste it back into a new bios file using FD44Editor. But if you have created a backup already should not that info be in there already?

@WannaBeOCer Yes, just take your new BIOS that has the downgraded ME you wanted already in it, open that in UEFITool 25 or 26, extract the ME Region. Then take your backup, open in UEFITool, replace that ME Region, then program this back into your board, that’s easiest and quickest way.
Otherwise, this is what FD44 is made for, open two instances, one with old backup and one with a copy of new BIOS. Copy info from old to new and make sure all things are set exactly the same, then on the new one, save a new copy (overwriting the original, since you have to select it to save)

@Lost_N_BIOS Thanks for the simple solution, I noticed when I flash that modified BIOS it doesn’t update the ME region. When entering the UEFI it shows 0’s for the ME version and it doesn’t detect any bootable drives. Flashing back to an old Asus stock bios brings up the “Bios update” message at startup and shows the correct ME version. Maybe I’m not programming the chip correctly when using AsProgrammer?

@WannaBeOCer - you “flashed” BIOS or “programmed” BIOS? If you are downgrading ME, you need to program that in. If you didn’t do the ME Downgrade properly (using the guide here in the ME section), then it’s possible your ME FW is corrupted, that is common sign this happened N/A for version or 0.0.0.0

Sounds like you didn’t do the ME FW mod correctly, or didn’t transfer correctly.
ASProgrammer writes 100% the file you give it, so it’s not skipping ME region. Upload your base BIOS you want to use (in zip/rar/7zip), with your board info in it (serial, UUID, MAC all that) and tell me what ME FW you want and I will do the downgrade for you.

@Lost_N_BIOS I programmed the bios chip using AsProgrammer using a CH431a programmer. Looks like it’s good now after erasing the bios chip again and re-programming. I’m now on ME version 11.7.0.1229 and the new bios chip has all the correct identifying info.

BIOS Version 2202
MEBx Version 0.0.0.0000
GbE Version 0.7
Vendor ID 8086
PCH Version 31
FW Version 11.7.0.1229 H
Security Version (SVN) 1
LMS Version Not Available
MEI Driver Version 11.0.5.1189
Wireless Hardware Version Not Available
Wireless Driver Version Not Available

Looks like you got it @WannaBeOCer

Delete, fixed

We’ll leave this info here for anyone looking for similar help in the future, that uses search