Transfer unique data to fresh BIOS (UUID, MAC, etc.)

Is there a tool to easily transfer unique data to a “fresh” BIOS image? (EVGA AMI? BIOS)

About a year or so ago I tried (with help here) to enable TPM/PTT in EVGA’s BIOS - sadly it was unsuccessful (see thread “Activate PTT in ME firmware”). Try as I did nothing changed. EVGA has come up with an updated BIOS to enable PTT but even enabling that option did not yield anything at least on my board.

Having got a new chip, I decided to try a new BIOS image - and what do you know - PTT appears just fine, TPM is provisioned OK and Bitlocker works too.

For ASUS there is a tool - but that does not find anything on EVGA’s BIOS. How do I transfer UUID/MAC from old BIOS to new BIOS? Anything else I should transfer?

Many thanks!

PS. Old BIOS ME/FW info:

FW Capabilities 0x00100140

Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service - PRESENT/ENABLED
Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader - PRESENT/ENABLED
Service Advertisement & Discovery - NOT PRESENT
Intel(R) NFC Capabilities - NOT PRESENT
Intel(R) Platform Trust Technology - NOT PRESENT

Fresh BIOS ME/FW Info:

FW Capabilities 0x20100140

Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service - PRESENT/ENABLED
Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader - PRESENT/ENABLED
Service Advertisement & Discovery - NOT PRESENT
Intel(R) NFC Capabilities - NOT PRESENT
Intel(R) Platform Trust Technology - PRESENT/ENABLED <<–

@cam234 - Some BIOS is easy, some is not. Give me a dump of your original BIOS chip with flash programmer or FPT, and tell me your LAN MAC ID and serial (and or images of all stickers on your board)
Also, please run these commands below and put on text file the output, sometimes this is not same format as stickers or in BIOS, so always good to see both ways when possible.
Then I can find and transfer for you, and or show you how if it’s easy areas and by itself etc.

wmic csproduct get name,identifyingnumber,uuid
wmic baseboard get serialnumber,product,Manufacturer,version
wmic bios get name,serialnumber,version

Sounds like the help you got before with TPM/PTT maybe didn’t have you reflash BIOS enough, or in the correct way to fix the issue.

Yes, all NVRAM should be transferred over as well.

@Lost_N_BIOS You can blame plutomaniac for that - he made me do it ;))

Thanks for replying.

We only flashed new ME/data and closed manufacturing mode (which was open for some reason - perhaps we should not have done this?) then we could not change NVars (to match ASUS X299 BIOS that had PTT/TPM enabled). Then I did re-open descriptors but still could not modify FW caps to enable it.

Even after updating EVGA BIOS with official PTT/TPM enable option (that came much later), TPM would still not appear even after CMOS clear/reflash etc. The actual PTT/TPM NVar was "enabled" but the FW caps was different (see above - PTT/TPM bit was "off").

Would it be easier for you to modify the "old" BIOS instead to modify FW Caps NVars to enable PTT based on the "clean" version?

I am gathering the two dumps for you (old BIOS with no PTT and clean BIOS with PTT) and the other data.

You’re welcome. I’m sure plutomaniac’s help probably would have resolved the issue back then, if you had a $2 flash programmer, sometimes that is easiest way to fix something when flashing isn’t fixing it and it should.

FW Caps NVars << this is odd terminology, so I don’t understand what you actually mean here, but really we don’t need to worry about this now.
I only need your old BIOS to get your board specific info from, to put into a dumped copy of your current working BIOS, PTT does not need messed with all here here, it’s working properly.