TRIM in RAID0 for X48/X58??

Hello!,

I’m the owner of an Asus Rampage Formula (X48/ICH9R) and today i was able to successfully mod the bios and update the intel OROM to the latest version (12.7.0.1936) but sadly it seems i can’t get TRIM to work for my 2xCrucial M4 SSD RAID0.

Currently i have a Windows 8 64bits with the latest Intel Raid drivers installed 12.7.0.1022, im checking if TRIM works with the trimcheck-0.4.exe TOOL.

After some reading i found you also need to mod the intel OROM (and the drivers) in order to activate TRIM support under RAID0 for chipsets older than 7-series like it is explained here, i’m wondering if anyone know how to do it but for 4-series chipsets like X48 and if it is even possible!.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT by Fernando: X58 added to the thread title

According to Dufus’ and my knowledge there is no chance to enable the TRIM in RAID0 feature for Intel ICH7R/ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R SATA RAID Controllers. I am sorry about that.
Only Intel may be able to help you and other affected users with an Intel 4-Series chipset SSD RAID0 system to get TRIM in RAID0 support.

quetzalin, while that is true with ID mod’s you could try this OROM, at your own risk of course.

@ CPL0:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum! It makes me happy to have you here.

@ quetzalin:
If you should be unsure to insert a BIOS module, which has been modified by a person you don’t know, I want to set your mind at rest.
According to my long-term experience with CPL0 (aka Dufus) in different Forums I can confirm, that you can trust him resp. his work. He probably is the only person outside Intel’s development laboratory who is able to make the TRIM in RAID0 feature available for X58 chipset systems.

Thank you for the welcome.

Lol, that’s way OTT, many people could do this a lot better than I but I expect there just isn’t enough interest for them to do so.

Thanx to @CPL0 , TRIM is available for X48/ICH9R, look here