Trying to downgrade windows tablet (cherry trail) from windows 10 to windows 8.1

I am an unfortunate owner of one 2in1 tablet - Alcatel plus 10.

The tablet is: 10" inch, Cherry trail (atom z-8350 SOC), 32 gb storage, 2 gb ram, windows 10 home 32bit, EFI 32 bit (this is probably the main problem).

Because windows 10 is a giant resource hog (which is a major issue when you have only 2 gb of ram available), has numerous OEM spyware installed, and generally does not look as nice as windows 8.1 (those anims look so much better), I am trying to downgrade to win 8.1. It is a project that has been going on for a couple of months…

The problem is that Cherry trail has available SOC drivers for windows 10 (64 and 32 bit flavor) and drivers for windows 8 (64 bit flavor). Because almost all windows 10 tablets with cherry trail SOC have 32 bit efi, installation of 64 bit windows is not possible (as far as I know, please prove me wrong).

I have original tablet drivers for windows 10 (32 bit), and have tried to force install them in windows 8.1, as well as force installing via have disk method (from double driver backup in windows 10). I have also tried numerous drivers from various sources for other Intel chipsets, and none have worked for the devices listed below (listed device IDs with corresponding error codes when installing drivers from double driver):

Intel Sideband Fabric Device — ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33BD&REV_0002 — *INT33BD — Windows cannot initialise the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

intel serial IO UART Controller — ACPI\VEN_8086&DEV_228A — *8086228A — Windows cannot initialise the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

Intel serial IO SPI Controller — ACPI\VEN_8086&DEV_228E — *8086228E — Windows cannot initialise the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

Intel Serial IO I2C ES Controller — ACPI\VEN_8086&DEV_22C1 — *808622C1 — Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Intel Serial IO GPIO Controller — ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33FF ---- *INT33FF — Windows cannot initialise the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

GPIO Buttons Driver — ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_CFD9 — *INTCFD9 — This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12).

Can anyone please give some help (big wink to Fernando:)?

Thanks.

Agreed 10 is complete shit, im looking to get 8.1 pro on my pc as its better in every way possible, wondering if i can use my win10 pro key for win 8.1pro?

The only way around this issue is to use NTLITE to make your own windows10 install, remove all the resource hogging apps and all other shitware like windows defender (POS) and windows backup and file history (useless) once done go to an elevated command prompt and type POWERCFG -H OFF this will free up a couple of more gb of space by totally disabling hibernation (useless)

at last count i removed 550 unused drivers doing a custom install, the designers of windows10 must have been on drugs, wtf do we need 2 control panels ffs, filehistory is a background sniffer that completely ruins performance on machines with less than 8gb of ram. it is brimmed to the limit with spyware crapware and bloatware, making your own custom install is the best thing you can do, once done and when everythings installed and running the way you want it, download and run DISM++, from HERE to create a WIM backup when its finished dump that wim backup ( it must be named install.wim) to your installation media SOURCES folder overwriting the stock one, then in future when you reinstall the OS it will cut out all the windows crap during install, and a full reinstall of windows will take 5 minutes.

windows backup is the biggest POS of the lot, it hasnt worked since windows vista, not needed anyway, as i said above, DISM++ can make full install.wim backups in 10 minutes flat, note you can even make backups of installed software with it too which means you never need to buy backup software (gimmicks).

microsoft are complete dipshits, they put windows7 backup in windows10 yet windows10 wont work with win7 drivers, makes sense NOT

ONLY REASON MICROSOFT ARE RAMMING THIS JOKE OF AN OS DOWN EVERYONES THROATS IS BECAUSE THEYRE MAKING SO MUCH MONEY FROM IT ON THE WINDOWS STORE (which ive personally never used)

windows 7pro and windows 8.1pro are the two best operating systems microsoft have ever made, they havent ended support because of them not being any good, theyve done it because theyre making no money from them,

did you know? windows7 supports directX12 even so vulkan is twice as fast

TELEMETRY is where the spyware is, once thats disabled with NTLITE they can no longer spy on every keystroke you make 90% of this spyware resides in the cortana engine, delete this using NTLITE.

windows 10 is nothing more than an advertising platform, it should be avoided at all costs unless you make your own ISO

windows 8.1pro has all the good stuff of windows 10 and none of the bad

there’s only 1 unfixed bug i have found in windows 8.1, portrait mode doesn’t work on DisplayLink displays when EXTEND is enabled instead of mirror.

its a scientific fact that if you introduce something slow enough you can get away with anything, windows10 is cast iron proof of this concept.

In actual fact i would personally say that windows10 is a breach of your rights, with all the embedded spywares it should be illegal really, windows10 is a step forward, yea but only for microsoft who make money from it when someone installs it, sad but true, end users are being used bigtime, everyone should boycott the os this will force microsoft into making something that people actually want.

Even business users of windows10 are having all sorts of unwanted crap force installed on their machines, what good is candy crush when youre operating machinery ffs, so in a nutshell yea microsoft are idiots (sort of) because theyre cleverly making money from you without you even knowing it, every advert, every forced install and every telemtry instance directly goes back to microsoft to make money. if what ive mentioned are not good enough reasons to boycott windows10 i dont know what is.

oh and before i go i will mention gaming, windows 10 is 5% SLOWER than windows7, wow now that’s real progress for the end user, directX12 is as pointless as a chocolate teacup when you use the far superior vulkan api, the windows store is a gimmick as well, all those "free" games end up costing hundreds.

DONT let them try and force you in to thinking you need win10, because you certainly DO NOT, it offers nothing only slower performance and a shit load of bloatware, even its built in game recording is now useless as its built right in to the latest radeon drivers.

in your case adding windows10 to an atom cpu is never a good idea, im tempted to say install linux mint instead of 10, im not a fan of linux but even this third world country OS is better than 10 and the vulkan api works perfect in linux another reason not to use 10.

anyway windows8.1 pro is not a downgrade from windows 10, its an upgrade, it will run faster you wont have any bloat and it doesn’t waste ram. even windows7 is better and it’s from 2009! then theres all the "you need windows10 because of all the security flaws" BULLSHIT, you dont at all, 10 is no more secure than vista, if you have a good antivirus youve nothing to worry about ever, that said i havent installed any AV software since the days of windowsXP, never had a single virus.

In all honesty windows10 shouldnt even exist it has no purpose for 9/10 home users, and it certainly has no place on an atom CPU it will run like a bag of spanners even on a modest 2014 i5 machine, i dont hate windows 10, i dont care enough to hate it, but it needs to go, its fucking horrible.

have a look on ebay and look for windows10 product keys, theyre usually selling for £5 UK, then look on ebay for windows 8.1 product keys, result=none, and if there is some listed, look at the price difference. theres a reason why 10 is so cheap/free "upgrade"

EDIT: Just for shit’s and giggles i installed windows10 version 2004, omfg its got even worse (if that’s even possible) wow it really is a bag of shit, don’t waste your valuable life trying to fix all these stupid problems 10 has, just use, 7/8.1 or linux mint.