Trying to figure out what's going on with my USB ports

Hi everybody, this is my first topic here so please bear with me if I don’t explain it as usual members do.

PS: I’m really sorry for the very long paragraph but I wanted to include and explain the whole picture.

So I have this problem with my MOBO but I’m not sure when it started to be honest, all USBs ports are slow (max at 36 mb/s but there were some occasions which was more but I will explain it later on )
but I will try to give all the details in a chronological order, so it might make sense after.

my mobo is msi z170a gaming m7 and I wanted to update my cpu to a coffeelake gen and I found the method here on winraid on how to mod the mobo’s bios,
well it all went smooth, no errors or anything serious, nor damage to the bios chip.
anyways. this is the major incident that is directly related to the board,

another issue happened is when I was doing a mod to my psp, I was changing the psp mini usb to USBC and it was connected to my pc, when I accidently shorted a capacitor on the power lane of my psp, so I guess it sent a current through the usb that caused the pc to immediately shut down. I was afraid that it damaged something on the MOBO but with close inspection (only by inspection no multimeter was involved) there were no any evidence of burned components, but here where the main problem occurred I guess, the usb which the psp was connected to got damaged, I can use it to small ( non power demanding) stuff, such as mouse or USB stick (can’t for high end USBs)
I need to use a multimeter on it for further investigations but for now I can’t see any physical clear damages

I can’t remember anything other than these two situations,

now the main problem is that all USBs are transferring slower than what they are intended for, even though the USBs that is supposedly damaged is on other controller
(my mobo has 2 usb controllers ASmedia (3.1 gen 2 - type a and c) and intel controller) the one which was connected to the PSP was the type A ASmedia, so to my logic I guess these two should not be related and if one controller was damager the other one should remain fine.
yet all of the ports are transferring with the same speeds (36mb/s)

the odd thing that I tried some modded drivers for both controllers (pure drivers buy fernando (also on this forum) the intel one got better (went to 96-100 mb/s) but after a while it returned to 36mb/s again, which was odd cuz even if it got damaged it shouldn’t work after the driver update.

here’s my pc specs if it would help

MOBO : msi z170a gaming m7 - modded bios to support coffeelake cpus
CPU: intel 9600kf
RAM: 32gb 2666 G.skill 4 sticks
GPU: MSI 980ti SeaHawk
PSU: EVGA 850w supernova GA
running on win11pro (latest update)