UBU and Asus P8P67 - unable to update Marvell chipset

After some reading I did update the latest official P8P67 bios from Auss ( 3602)
with Intel IRST RAID 12.9.0.2006 + OROM RealTek Boot Agent GE with Sucess …

But If I try to update the Marvell chipset 88SE9120 1.0.0.1029 to the 1.0.0.38,
I get MMTol reporting not enough room …

How can I free some space ?

Changing subject is it safe to update the Intel RAId0 Orom to the 15.0.0.xx in this chipset ?

As stated in forum I should NOT update the Intel microcode but I get 2 entrys in the UBU script Menu related to Ivybridge and Sandbridge …
I have an I7-3770 whcih I think is Ivybridge , would it benefical to updaet the ivybridge microcode only ?

Thanks in advance

@markmarques :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

By removing another module, which you resp. your system doesn’t really need.
By the way: As long as you do not boot off a disk, which is connected to a Marvell SATA port, you will not benefit from an updated of the Marvell AHCI/RAID ROM module.

The update of the Intel RAID ROM is safe, but you will not be satisfied with the usage of any Intel RST RAID driver, which belongs to the v14 or v15 line.

Yes, if you have an IvyBridge CPU.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks for the fast reply …

I am analysing the BIOS manually via the MMTool but what are the safest | most common | easiest modules to remove in order to get some free sapce for the Marvell section ?

For instance I do not like the initial image, as far as I know it is a BMP or JPEG file embedded inside the ROM,

is it posible to remove it , besides switching it on| off as option on the bios uefi screen ?

Regarding the Realtek LAN EFI module, if I remove it via MMtool does the onboard network connector still active and working ?
or the Lan EFI Bios Module is simply present to initiate the boot via PXE ?

Yes.

Yes. The LAN ROM/EFI modules are only needed, if you will use the Wake-on-LAN feature.
So you can remove the following BIOS modules without any disadvantages:
1. The Intel RAID ROM and EFI RaidDriver modules, unless the Intel RAID Controller is running in "RAID" mode.
2. The Marvell AHCI/RAID ROM module, unless you have connected any HDD/SSD to the Marvell Controller and you have set it to "AHCI" or "RAID" mode.
3. All LAN ROM/EFI modules, unless you want to use the Wake-on-LAN option.