Unable Install Windows 10 Updates on my PC

Due to endless problems with Windows 10, I did a fresh install of it several weeks ago. It has wasted hours of my time since then having to reinstall windows 10 and reconfigure everything again on my computer.

Since then, I am unable to update Windows.

In ‘Windows Update’ I see a red color error message stating:
“Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.”

"There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800703f1)"

The error message I see every day in 'View update history is the following:

"Failed to install 0x800703f1"

For instance, I get this for Cumulative Update KB4579311

I have tried all the solutions offered here on these forums and on Microsoft’s website. For instance, I have tried the Windows Troubleshooters. They are most useless tools in the history of computing and a Windows Troubleshooter has never resolved a single problem I have EVER had with my computer over the last several years - a 100% failure rate - but I still tried… and it was a waste of time as always.

I’ve tried SFC Scan and DISM tool - neither works on my computer.

I turned off all virus and malware checkers - no change.

I’ve also tried the following solution suggested in several places on Microsoft Answers - also didn’t work:

"Open administrative Command Prompt and type following commands one-by-one followed by Enter key.

net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver"

There are so many features in Windows that don’t work now. The list would be a mile long if I were to list them, but, for instance, Cortana doesn’t work despite me spending hours trying all suggested solutions and there are major issues with Windows Explorer too etc. etc. I’m hoping the updates might resolve even a small number of these problems.

Please can you suggest what I could do to be able to update Windows?

I can’t reinstall Windows again from scratch and then spend weeks reinstalling and reconfiguring my programs.

any update?

Bad disk, bad iso, bad RAM… ur reporting too much issues, and right after done a brand new clean OS installation… strange isnt it, to be traced to software or hardware.
Presumably u have a stable web connection…

do you already install from another ISO? maybe some installer files is corrupted

if the Win10 install files are corrupted then the OP may need to download a clean Win10 ISO image and use Rufus to create new ISO usb install media and run Win10 setup from the usb drive

Try to download the iso from Media Creation Tool