Unable to downgrade B360 ITX STRIX bios. Help!

Hi guys

I’ve been trying to search for a solution to downgrade my bios but to no success. The built in bios update only allows upgrade and not downgrade. I have tried AFUDOS but it just reboots to the same bios. I have tried FPT v8 but it gives an error message.

Any help would be appreciated! I just want to downgrade to a earlier stock version since the latest one isn’t playing well with my rams.

Don’t keep trying FPT, for many reasons! This cannot be used with stock BIOS, you will loose your serial, UUID, LAN MAC ID etc. Plus, BIOS needs extracted from capsule anyway before it can be used with FPT, but even then my first comment applies most.
That’s why I said “if you have any previous older BIOS backup, then we can use FPT”

I could pull out your NVRAM, and board details, and put into a older stock BIOS and then show you how to FPT flash that, but the NVRAM may not match up to that BIOS’s settings/details, so it could brick, really only worth a chance testing if you have flash programmer for recovery in case that bricks.

What setting is not playing nice with your memory, if it’s something hidden we can unhide it for you.

Alright I only tried FPT once and luckily I didn’t brick my board. I am still currently at my version 2401.

Basically there is a bug with the motherboard where it doesn’t hold any frequency above 2133 properly. The Night Hawks I owned are perfectly fine on another system, and they were also fine before I flash the bios.

I’ve seen people with AMD boards and older intel boards with so much success using the AFUDOS method, so annoyed things have to change with newer chipsets.

So you’re unsure of the setting causing that, that’s different between the new and old BIOS?
Yes, AFU OK to use on older AMD for mod BIOS, very tricky to find working method or version for mod BIOS on modern systems. Intel is no problem, even with modern systems.

You may want to save yourself all this hassle and order a $2.60 flash programmer and $3.50 SOIC8 test clip w/ cable if BIOS soldered or $1 U Type Flat IC Chip extractor if BIOS in a socket.
You do have older BIOS backup correct? If not, we can sort out anyway, but much easier if you have older backup.