Unlock hidden options in Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pro V3505 BIOS

Hi i need help in dumping and unlocking an old Amilo Pro V3505 BIOS (Phoenix).
i’m new in bios modding and i don’t know what the hell i am supposed to do ahahah
EDIT:
i’ve just added 4 GB of RAM (2 banks 2GB each instead of 512MB each) but only 3072 MB were added… even in bios

Do you know you can modify a lot without actually modifying your BIOS?

All you need to do is extract your BIOS and open the bin/rom file in UEFIEditor and search for some common "advanced" strings like DMVT or something like that. Most of the times the table that has the DVMT settings also has lots of other settings that might be hidden in the BIOS GUI.

You can change all those settings without having to mod or flash a new BIOS. You have to make a bootable usb stick with a modified UEFI shell on it. That way you can use the setup_var command in the shell to toggle BIOS options.

This is something not very hard and it negates the need to mod your BIOS itself.

Hope this helps!

please can you be more specific ahahah… i don’t even have any program to dump my bios… i was unable to find the bios online…

Depending on your BIOS type you can try extracting it from Windows itself, mind you that kind of dump is most likely not enough to mod and flash it. But it is enough to find BIOS options that are currently hidden.

Look for BIOS_Backup_TooKit, it can extract BIOS from a running system, it worked for me on Aptio/AMI BIOS at least. I don’t know about others. Your computer has never had any BIOS updates you could download? Cuz that would be easiest.

As for your “disappearing” ram, I bet the missing piece is allocated by your GPU.

Very old, about 2006- pre-UEFI. 32 bit limitations makes that you can only use/see 3 GB Ram… (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_GB_barrier)

Bios files are right there where they’re supposed to be: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDownload.asp?lng=en => Product Search => type ‘3505’ (without ’ '), select OS, select Bios

Oh no UEFI then you’d need it to be modded yeah. I haven’t done much modding of parts of the BIOS other than updating RST drivers. Amazing it still works, must be a strong laptop haha.

here it is the bios… now i don’t have any clue on what i’ll have to do

EDIT:
original wph file here

EDIT#2:
backupped bios (BIOS.BAK RENAMED AS BIOS.WPH)

i’ve checked… the cpu architecture is x86_64… 1GB is "system reserved"… could the vga use that GB? i’ll need a modded bios to modify the value since it’s not displayed now…

Thats what I said, it reserves that RAM for videocard. I dunno how to change those values without UEFI, you’ll need to extract your bios from chip and mod it then flash it back. But I can’t help with that sorry. I wish I could!

FOUND!
removed strings at offset 00100000 and over (something like a signing…)
now i need help with this in unlocking phoenix features…
here it is the file

Started editing,
/IN STRING.ROM/
VT->2A01
FIND 012A->0304
/IN TEMPLAT0.ROM/
FIND 0403 ->0F37

/STRING.ROM/
FIND MAIN->5500
FIND 0055->0556
/IN TEMPLAT0.ROM/
FIND 5605->1069
FIND 6910-> 2C02 (2 BYTES AHEAD)
OFFSET 022C-> FIND SPACE (B90F) AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
CHANGE WITH 37 0F
BUILD BIOS

RE-OPEN BIOS → VT ADDED…

NOW I WANT TO CHANGE GPRAPHICAL MEMORY LIMIT SIZE… CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?