Unlocking Supermicro H11SSL-i Bios Menus- could need some help

I thought you could unsurpress the chipset option to check if the blackscreen issue reappears, to test if the system goes bonkers because it can’t display the CBS Menu when unlocked.

@barracudax - I know from experience that one will either appear if unsuppressed or nothing will happen and boot process will continue, even though chipset menu would likely still be suppressed/hidden due to whenever the other lock/jump/bypass on the menus it located, just by how it’s coded out in the IFR.
But if you want I can send you test BIOS with that change, but to me it wont help show anything/wont give me any useful information to move forward with. It’s not suppressed in the same way CBS Menu is, well it is in a general main menu entry suppressed way, but it’s not suppressed in the same way at setup IFR-wise as CBS
It’s hard to explain, but I know what I mean If you want to test that kind of edit let me know I will send you a file.

Okay, then never mind.

Is there a tutorial on how to edit the IFR like your doing somewhere? I could try some stuff on my own. I only found a tutorial on mydigitallife, but it seems a lot different from what i’m getting out of the extracted IFR files.

I wrote the supermicro support and requested the version 1.0 Bios for the H11DSU-iN with the unlocked CBS menu. Maybe i’ll have some luck and they can send it to me.

Not sure about any tutorials, just small random posts here or there. Give me an example setting you want to mess with via IFR/Hex and I can show you a few ways it can be modified
Fingers crossed they will be nice and send you beta BIOS!

Just unlocking the chipset setting should be a easy start.

I received a Bios from supermicro, but it’s version 1.00a. I’ll ask again for the right one, at least they’re cooperative to this point.

The changelog for ver. 1.00a isn’t promising

2. [Fixes] Fix SUM GetCurrentBiosCfg problem(Hide Chipset & AMD CBS).
Description: Fix SUM GetCurrentBiosCfg problem(Hide Chipset & AMD CBS).
Validation : 1. Run "SUM" with GetCurrentBiosCfg parameter.
2. Check the BIOS configuration can be downloaded.

Yes, in usual cases Chipset can be unlocked easier, once located in assembly (Since other easier methods don’t apply to this BIOS) It’s great the are cooperating with you, I can’t tell by that change log, but does that mean they unhide chipset and CBS for you?
If yes, attach or PM me that BIOS and I will compare a few sections in assembly and can then probably easier locate where the changes need made for latest BIOS, unless they end up sending you that too.
Once located it’s usually only 2-4 bytes that need changed, I’d have it by now but due to less time recently to play around and not being all that great at easily identifying things in assembly I haven’t had a chance to dig too deep.
If they end up not giving you a new version, I should be able to figure it out with that one, if it does unlock those for you. I forget, do you have a flash programmer or not?

I’m asking for the first version of the H11DSU with unlocked CBS (i have the H11SSi), so the changes there can be apllied to my bios. The one i received isn’t the right one, the changelog states that the CBS and Chipset menu are hidden in that version.

if i get the right one i’ll send it over.

Yes i have a flasher, couldn’t have recovered from the black screen issues otherwise. AFUWin only has a 50% chance of getting a succesfull flash on this board, it crashes the whole system very often while erasing the mainblock. AFUEfi works fine but wasn’t helpful when i didn’t have a image during post and boot.

So you aren’t even asking them for unlocked CBS BIOS for your board??? Why not??

AFU is terrible, use FPT whenever possible. Good you have programmer, if they don’t end up giving you BIOS we can try some assembly changes until we find it.

Hello

I up this topic because I got the H11DSU 1.00 (non A) version with AMD CBS suposed to be enabled.
I have a supermicro H11DSI and I also would like to unlock this settings, but I don’t know many things about bios modding, so that everything i could do in order to help.
I’m using H11DSI Bios 1.0c (won’t be able to upgrade because of ES cpu)

H11DSU 1.00 bios https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlI9P663Eat0gu17bhGv9jDXtmkpWA?e=h1fZVb
H11DSI 1.0c bios https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlI9P663Eat0gu17bhGv9jDXtmkpWA?e=NrLeIy

Hope it will make things move fordward