Update ME Firmware Laptop MSI Dragon 2

Thanks Fernando. I´m running on windos 8.1 x64 and driver is 6.3.9600.17393. date 06/10/2014.
I have tried to do this but i can´t do it, i have problems to do it.
http://plugable.com/2012/12/01/windows-8…st-controllers/

There are no Intel USB 3.0 drivers for Win8.1 available.
This is what I have:

Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller.png

Intel USB 3.0 drivers for Win8.1.png

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa…-Chipset-Family

If it refuses to install on Windows 8.1 you will have to slightly edit the .inf installation file.

Thanks to both. Fernando ,mines are the same as yours. Plutomatic, i found these but when i tried to install a message showed they are not compatible with my system. Please, could you tell me how i have to edit them to jump the restriction installation, please?

Note: i searched and i found how to do it, i will post results

I have done the same with the 7-series/C216 USB 3.0 drivers from Intel. They are for Windows 7 only but with a small tweak I got them to install of my Windows 8.1 system. No more “device malfunctions” after that. The default Microsoft drivers are crappy as hell. The exact same thing with VIA & Renessas USB 3.0 drivers, always install them and don’t use the stock Microsoft ones.

Plutomaniac, i have just to install the drivers you posted modifiying the inf file and works fine for know. I have to check during more time, because the other past day, at first after updating mei firmware worked fine too, but some days later back the problems. Plutomaniac, how could i know if my usb is renessas or not? how could i know waht is my chip for usb ports? thanks again for all

Edit : Now i copying a very big file , after i will post the results

First file with 12gb, ok

Second file 80 Gb, when copying 15Gb fail.

This is a nightmare,MSI service is the worst service i never known, 5 messages to support service i one year and any answer.

Plutomaniac do you know if i can update firmware for usb ports? i don´t know waht chip i have, if it is renessas or wich, how could i know it?

The ME has nothing to do with USB. Your device is Intel USB 3.0 and thus obviously Intel drivers are needed. There is no firmware update. VIA, Renessas etc are other manufacturers. Nothing more can be done about that and it’s offtopic.

That is interesting.
Although my request is completely off-topic, I want to ask you to upload the latest Intel USB 3.0 driver, which has been modded by you for being usable with Win8/8.1. The "Driver Signature Enforcement" of the OS has to be disabled anyway.

Disable it once, install driver and then reboot normally with the enforcement enabled.

Capture.PNG

Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver v1.0.10.255 (Windows 8.x).rar (4.46 MB)