Updating ASRock B75M-ITX bios with UBU.

Hi!,

I’m trying to mod an UEFI BIOS using UBU tool (latest version, v1.8.0 Pre-Release 1) but i’m getting an error when i try to update one of the modules.

The motherboard is an ASRock B75M-ITX and the BIOS is the last one you can find >here<.

As you can see on this picture i managed to update the Intel RST(e) OROM and EFI SataDriver to 13.2.0.2134 version and Intel OROM VBIOS and EFI GOP Driver to the latest versions just fine BUT when i try to update the PXE OROMS i get the next error:

So apparently there isn’t enough space left on the bios ROM.

Something i noticed is the INTEL PXE OROM, don’t know what is doing there since my motherboard doesn’t have an Intel PXE, only the Realtek one. Also i think UBU is trying to update the EFI Realtek UNDI (don’t know what is this for) which apparently is not really fully integrated on the bios (judging by that 0.00A version).

So… at the moment i just edited the bios with MMTool v4.50.0.23 and removed the INTEL PXE OROM, now i can update the Realtek PXE OROM just fine, even that EFI Realtek UNDI but before i flash my motherboard i’m not sure if it is safe, or if somehow that Intel PXE OROM is needed (i’m guessing it is just there because this bios is also used for other ASRock B75M-WHATEVER or different revisions with Intel PXE).

Some help would be appreciated!

You should better have taken the UBU v1.7.0, because the v1.8.0 is currently just a test version for AMD chipset mainboards.

I suspect the same.
By the way: The function of the Ethernet OROM modules like the Intel PXE one is overestimated by many users. It is mainly needed for the feature "Wake on LAN".
Since your mainboard doesn’t even have an on-board Intel Ethernet Controller, you were right to remove the Intel PXE ROM module. According to my knowedge it will be safe to flash the BIOS.