[W2k3 x86] Explorer doesn't show Disk Drives

Hello,

I’ve tried this install out after XP - No problems with the basic install for disc 1 but I cannot get or know how to get the external disks recognized in my computer. They are all there in disk manager but not in my computer. I’ve looked in component services - Any help welcome - Thanks

Edit by Fernando: Thread title specified and customized

@fraz
All disk drives, which are listed within the related section of the Device Manager, are connected to your mainboard (internally or externally), but may not be supported by the OS due to missing appropriate storage drivers.
Tip: Please specify the problem within the thread title and mention the model and chipset of your affected PC/Mobile system.

OK Fernando I hear you.

What confused me is the disks do appear in the disk manager - but do not appear in the dashboard of my computer

@fraz What do you mean with "the dashboard of your computer"?

Hi,

OK, badly explained maybe !!!

The disks appear in the disk manager (great) - But they do not appear in "my computer" so there are no disk icons to click on to gain access to the disks (bt a RAID) disk has worked ! - But the USB / SATA disks are not seen

@fraz :
You probably mean either the "Windows Explorer" or the "Disk Management". There are only drives listed, whose Storage Controller has been detected by an appropriate storage driver and which where initialized and got a drive letter.
To be able to solve the problem, you should look into the "Storage Controllers" or/and into the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section of the Device Manager for "unknown Devices" and install the required drivers for them.

Hello again,

OK in Server 2003 - It’s a little different to XP - The drive letter names don’t appear - So, in disk manager, right click on the disk and select assign drive letter - Then the disk icon appears in file explorer

This I forgot about - btw, I’m still working with the same motherboard AsRock X99 Extreme 4