Weird USB-C nvme disk problem.

I face this weird problem and i am looking for a fix (if there is one).
I have a spare nvme hdd so i bought an external USB-C NVME controller to use it (i bought a different one later, no fix)

My hardware is a Dell Latitude I5-6440HQ Skylake with Thunderbolt-3 port.

The 1st controller is a Chinese knockoff AM8180 USB-C to NVME adapter ($15 off ebay so not much damage to my wallet).
The 2nd controller is an Orico RTL9210 USB-C to NVME adapter (a little expensive but considered good).
The disks are a Samsung PM961 256gb NVME, and a Toshiba XG6 512gb again nvme.

Both adapters work fine with the PM961 when connected to a standard USB3.0 port with a USB-C to USB-A cable.

The problem appears on both adapters when connected the USB-C port (Thunderbolt) with a USB-C to USB-C cable.
The disk is detected and mounted, the explorer opens with the disk contents but only for about a second. Then the explorer window is auto-closed, the disk is disconnected (ejected?) with no error message. No trace of it in the disk manager.
No clear reason in the event viewer.

With the Toshiba XG6 things are even worse, it only works with the Orico adapter, and again only in a USB3.0 port.

I verified both disks with both adapters on a NUC7 with a USB-C port, NO problems there.
(except with the AM8180 not supporting the Toshiba XG6).

So far i tried bios update and settings, changed usb power management, installed the modded Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers found here, nothing worked.

Any help appreciated.