Welcome to the new site!

Ok, good to know it works now. A second ctrl+f should bring up the browser one if you like. I can’t do anything else about that :disappointed:.

@plutomaniac
Pluto, my dear friend, I dont recive message to E-Mail about answer in forum. How check it? I dont use any translaters, my language Russian.
UPD. In old forum too.

Something on your end then. I don’t know. I suggest you try verifying or changing your email address at your profile preferences.

1 Like

@plutomaniac
Thank you. I will change mail-box to another in profile, then return back.
But I recived in e-mail mesage from you now :stuck_out_tongue:

I often triple click text to quickly copy lines, however doing that on this forum just makes me quote a single word from a post because double click selects a word, and then the quote option appears, which I end up clicking with the third click.

1 Like

huh I don’t really have this issue, can you send a video of the problem?

Maybe they just changed it, because I no longer have the issue.

Bug report:

[color=green](Green[/color]/[color=red](Red[/color]/[color=green](Green)[/color][color=orange](Orange[/color]

(Green/(Red/color=green[/color](Orange

Green/Red/Green/Orange

[color=green]Green[/color]/[color=red]Red[/color]/[color=green]Green[/color]/[color=orange]Orange[/color]

you formatted it wrong

If I need brackets ()! Reference.

(Green/(Red/(Green/(Orange

@Aquavision, are you blind or you can’t read!

Yes.

Is there a way to create spoiler tags? I am trying to edit a very messing looking thread.

Summary

yes very fun

[spoiler]also this[/spoiler]

Yes, in Discourse the tag is [details] instead. You can change the title with an equal sign like so:

Spoiler

test

Code:

[details=Spoiler]test[/details]

Found this, which could automatically fix it across the board. Tagging @wendell in case it’s feasible.

There is also this plugin, but it’s not the same. It targets inline spoilers.

1 Like

Thank you both for the replies.

I think I can do it using details and break tags like this;

<details>Line 1 <br>Line 2</br> Line 3 <br>Line 4</br></details>

Which results in this

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4

It might take me a while to insert all the break tags though, even using an advanced text editor like notepad++ to do some bulk edits.

You dont need the br, you can just go

Summary

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line Yesn’t

[details="Summary"]
Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line Yesn't
[/details]
1 Like

@Aquavision Thanks, I’m not sure why I had to add breaks yesterday, without them the text would all be on the same line. Tried different browsers and only the break tags were working. I’ll assume PEBKAC at this point.

Just tried it as you said and of course it works - thanks!

Summary

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4

[Edit] I just realised what I was doing wrong, I was starting the text block on the same line as the [details] tag and also on the last line of the block of text for the [/details] tag. :blush:

1 Like

Would like to mention a feature I like very much and I wasn’t able to find that in the old forum software:

For edited threads you might click on the little pencil in the upper right corner:

and you might follow all changes:

Ever wondered what was changed in the opening threads containing all the guides? Just a new version added or more changes one would like to know of?

2 Likes