What about PCI Express drivers?

Should we make sure PCI Express drivers are updated with latest manufacturer drivers, and not just default Microsoft ones?

On another forum, someone suggested making sure they’re up-to-date with manufacturer drivers (like Intel) over the default MS ones, and that doing so could help gaming framerates because of the GPU. I went into Device Manager to check mine, and found:

Intel (R) ICH10 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 3A40
Intel (R) ICH10 Family PCI Express Root Port 2 - 3A42
Intel (R) ICH10 Family PCI Express Root Port 3 - 3A44
Intel (R) ICH10 Family PCI Express Root Port 5 - 3A48

All of the above had this driver:

Intel
2/25/2013
\pci.sys

…except the second one down (Root Port 2 - 3A42), which is using the default Microsoft one (Microsoft 6/21/2006 6.1.7601.17514).

Should I update this one to the Intel driver that the others are using? Is there any benefit or downsides to this? And where would I go to select this specific driver (they all appear to be using the same file regardless)?

And then I’m not sure what these are, but strangely, they’re all using an Intel 7/25/2013 9.1.9.1005 driver:

Intel (R) 7500/5520/5500/X58 I/O Hub PCI Express Root Port 1 - 3408
Intel (R) 7500/5520/5500/X58 I/O Hub PCI Express Root Port 1 - 340A - 340a
Intel (R) 7500/5520/5500/X58 I/O Hub PCI Express Root Port 1 - 340E - 340e
Intel (R) 7500/5520/5500/X58 I/O Hub PCI Express Root Port 1 - 3410

…does that mean they’re using a more recent driver? Should I be using this one for the others?

No, you will not even be able to replace the MS driver by an Intel driver.
Let my try to explain:
You obviously misunderstood the "driver" informations of the Device Manager regarding the Intel PCI Express Root devices, which are shown within the "System Devices" section.
Drivers are files with the extension .SYS, the in use drivers can be found within the Windows\System32\Drivers directory.
The only real driver, which is used by the different Intel(R) PCI Express Root Ports, is the MS driver named PCI.SYS, which is part of the Windows OS. The other mentioned Intel "driver" v9.1.9.1003 dated 02/25/2013 is a simple information (=text) file named ICHACORE.INF, which is part of the Intel Chipset Device Software (= INF Update Utility) and not a real driver. These INF files just give the related Intel chipset devices an Intel specific name, but doesn’t manage the function of the device.

No, you will not even able to use the other Intel INF file for these devices.
As mentioned before, the listed Intel "driver" v9.1.9.1005 is nothing else than another simple text file named INTELIOH.INF, which is part of the Intel Chipset Device Software (= INF Update Utility)as well.

As long as everything runs fine, there is nothing to worry about the "drivers" of the various Intel chipset devices, which are listed within the "System Devices" of the Device Manager.
Only exception: The listed device "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface" needs a real driver (named HECI.SYS resp. HECI64.SYS for your chipset), which is offered by Intel, but not part of the Intel Chipset Device Software (= INF Update Utility).

Nevertheless you can run the installer of the newest Intel Chipset Device Software v9.4.2.1019 (>LINK<) and look, if any of the INF files of your system will be updated, but don’t expect any changes regarding the function of the devices or the performance of your system.