Where to get latest Firmware for ASUS TPM-M R2.0 Module (13 PIN)?

I currently have firmware version 5.63.3144 on this module. is there any newer firmware for the Asus TPM-M R2.0 module ? If so ,where can I download it. It has an Infineon chip .This is a 13 PIN module. But this is firmware from the year 2018. Maybe there is a more recent version ? (year 2023,2024 for example)

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened

Thereā€™s a post ref here to a 5.63.3353.2

Here is link latest Infineon Firmware (TPM20_5.63.3144.0_to_TPM20_5.63.3353.0.BIN):

INFINEON_TPM_1.2_2.0.zip

Credit goes to Prema Mod for making it available.

1 Like

Thanks for the posts . Firmware update has succeeded

1 Like

I have an Asus Rampage V Extreme with 20-1 pin TPM module with 5.63.3144 firmware. Is the firmware 5.63.3144 to 5.63.3353.0 for the 14-1 pin, also compatible with 20-1 pin Asus TPM module? Anyone knows? I can try soonā€¦

As of 16 April 2024, I have tried, it is compatible. Used Asus Pro WS C422-Ace and Asus Rampage V Extreme mainboards.

By the way, there are TPM 1.2 modules sold for Asus x79 & z77 series at eBay and Aliexpress. Those older chipsets with 8 MB bios can not use TPM 2.0, only 1.2 but x99 & z97 series and up, can use both TPM 1.2 and 2.0. The ones that I have bought being TPM 1.2 came with TPM 2.0 programmed that I have seen on my x99 based Asus Rampage V Extreme. Thus they do not work on x79 & z77 like Asus Rampage IV Black with this condition.

After surprising to this stupid situation that the chip falsely programmed to TPM20_5.62.3126.0, I have decided to downgrade it to TPM 1.2 if it can work on x79 chipset based Asus Rampage IV Black or not.

I have used ā€œINFINEON_TPM_1.2_2.0.7zā€ tool on Asus Rampage V Extreme, after making bios adjustments, the utility asked me to upgrade pressing 1 or downgrade pressing 2. I have pressed 2 and it started re-programming. It flashed to TPM12_4.43.259.0 then I have pulled the module and inserted it to Asus Rampage IV Black. Yes now the TPM detected by Asus Rampage IV Black Edition and worked successfully.

I have ordered 2 piece TPM 1.2 modules from eBay. I have decided to program the second unit using Asus Rampage IV Black edition this time. Although the so called TPM 1.2 module not worked because of being TPM 2.0, I wish to try programming the second module on it.

After making preparationā€™s in bios, pressed F7 and the programming screen appeared. Pressed 2 again, it started downgrading. Restarted, entered into bios, started making the necessary adjustments, choose to enable TPM, legacy mode off, boot other device to Windows UEFI like, made two restarts and success, it programmed down to TPM 1.2 and worked fine on Windows 10 and 11 again.

So if you have ordered and seen that the TPM 1.2 module for your system does not work as being advertised, make this programming blindfolded with the help of this intelligent program. Thanks to the INFINEON_TPM_1.2_2.0 program makers, ā€˜premamod.teamā€™. :smile:

@karakarga I would suggest you read this thread:

Asus / Infineon TPM firmware update?

In that thread guho2003 says:

My Asus 20-1 pin TPM module came with very new TPM 2.0 firmware 5.63.3353.

It does look likely but I canā€™t test to confirm it - you try at your own risk.

rasmorthil detailed the process they used to update the firmware here.