Which are the "best" Intel AHCI/RAID drivers?

Unfortunately no :smiley:
Leave it like that.still informative

For X299 Asus rampage VI extreme who is the best RST?thanks

@panosxidis : Since the in-use Intel RST RAID driver has much more impact on the performance and stability of the system than the Intel RAID ROM version, I have moved your request into this thread. You can find my answer to your question within the start post.

Asus P5QL-SE
ICH10 / P43 chipset
Windows 10 32bit (20H2)

Latest possible Intel RST v11.7.4.1001 vs latest current MS 10.0.19041.906

ICH10 MS.png

ICH10 Intel.png

what is it TRIM 6 ?
for example in IRST 13.1.0.2126

@papakarlos : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

I donā€™t know what "TRIM 6" means. At which location of the IRST RAID OROM v13.1.0.2126 did you find it?
Maybe the meaning is, that TRIM in RAID0 arrays even for Intel 6-Series chipset systems is supported by the related BIOS module.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

in the archive Intel_RST(e)_r20.7z
I understand what is trim , but what is trim 6?
here is on this path \Intel_RST(e)_r20\RAID\IRST\13.1.0.2126
that is, from the trim6 folder i need to use the file for c600 x79 series chipset in the UBU ?

@papakarlos :
Meanwhile I found that archive, which has been published by the UBU maker SoniX and has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. SoniXā€™s Option ROM package contains a lot of different Intel RAID ROM module versions and a subfolder named Trim_6.
As I suspected it already within my last post, within the Trim_6 folder is TRIM-modded variant of the related Intel RST RAID ROM version. This variant is only useful for Intel 6-Series chipset systems with an Intel RAID0 array, because the original module will not let the TRIM command pass through the Intel RAID Controller. More modern Intel chipset systems from 7-Series up donā€™t need the TRIM modded module, the TRIM command passes the Controller automaticly.
Since your X79 chipset system belongs to the C600 chipset Series, the insertion of the modded Option ROM variant is recommended, if you have created an Intel RAID0 array or want to do it.

@Fernando
Hi! Iā€™ve downloaded ā€œUEFI BIOS Updaterā€.
Launched UBU.bat
Choice: 1

Disk Controller
[Current version]
EFI Intel RST for SATA - 11.5.0.1582

[Available version]
There are no files to replace in Files\intel \RST(e) folders.
Š”Š»Ń ŠæрŠ¾Š“Š¾Š»Š¶ŠµŠ½Šøя Š½Š°Š¶Š¼ŠøтŠµ Š»ŃŽŠ±ŃƒŃŽ ŠŗŠ»Š°Š²Šøшу . . .
How to modify BIOS? I find this Intel_RST(e)_r20.7z
Donā€™t know how to drop in this directory > \UBU\Files\intel</b> (tried a couple of times but no result)!?
Also find these links 1, 2 but donā€™t know which one is more relevant for me, what to choose and downloaded and how to put incorrect directory!?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel HD Graphics 2500
Device ID > 8086:0152
Model > Ivy Bridge GT1
Scanning BIOS file P8H61-M-LX3-R2-ASUS-1107.CAP.
Please waitā€¦
Manufacturer - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Model - P8H61-M LX3 R2.0 Rev X.0x
BIOS release - 1107 02/25/2014
BIOS platform - AMI Aptio 4

[EFI Drivers - Find and Extract]
Intel RST GUID 90C8D394-4E04-439C-BA55-2D8CFCB414ED
Intel GOP GUID 5BBA83E6-F027-4CA7-BFD0-16358CC9E123
Intel GOP GUID 8D59EBC8-B85E-400E-970A-1F995D1DB91E
Realtek Undi GUID 2EAA04AA-5EED-4C27-B9EE-26916EC25A8F
Intel GOP VBT GUID 878AC2CC-5343-46F2-B563-51F89DAF56BA
Intel GOP VBT GUID 0F729F33-25C1-41A7-86B2-23A737A91823

[OROM - Find and Extract]
VBIOS in Padding
VBIOS in GUID A062CF1F-8473-4AA3-8793-600BC4FFE9A8
OROM in GUID A062CF1F-8473-4AA3-8793-600BC4FFE9A8
I want to update everything HELP ME, bro!

@rediffusion :
1. Your request has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
2. We expect, that the users have read the start post of the related thread (here: >this< one), before they post a request.

Hello Fernando, first of all, thank you for all of this extensive work related to sata drivers, you are really helping us all here, but I do have a questions and I hope you can help me. I installed the SATA drivers 64 bit 13.2.8.1002, since you highly praised these for Series 8 systems. I tested them and in general, the system does feel snappier and more responsive, also games seem to load stuff better, but I had to install the 64 bit drivers 12.9.4.1000 because all newer drivers after this force APM on my particular O.S configuration or motherboard it seems (the same issue also happens on an older Windows version I have on Dual Boot) and itā€™s very annoying, not only because my disks going from standby modes to normal power mode creates latency, it also makes my mechanical HDD lag badly when this happens. I can manually turn the APM off during a session with HDDScan, CrystalDisk, etc, but it is very annoying to do this each time I boot my system and I donā€™t want to depend on a program.

Is it possible that you can mod the 13.2.8.1002 SATA drivers to take off that bizarre and disgusting APM? I want to experiment with these 2 set of drivers to see which would be the best for my system, but this forced APM makes it impossible. I want to turn on my system and forget, sorry if I am bothering you, but only you can help me.

Thanks!

@snchez210 : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!

Yes, but only if this "feature" can be disabled by a modificatin of the *.INF file (I generally do not modify any real driver (= *.sys file).
Please open the related *.inf file and tell me, which entry may be responsable for the forced APM settings. Then I will re-mod and sign the desired driver for test purposes.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

EDIT: Please try the attached 64bit driver, which has just been modified and signed by me. Does it solve your APM problem?

new Universal 64bit Intel RSTe AHCI+RAID drivers v13.2.8.1002 mod+signed by Fernando.rar (350 KB)

Do I need to follow the instructions you posted elsewhere on the forum to install the certificate?

@snchez210 :
It is very easy to import the Certificate: Right-click ont the file named ImportCertificate.cmd, choose the option "Run as Admin", then enter "y" for "Yes!".
If you are not asked for a confirmation, the path to the driverpack is too long (never put it onto the Desktop"). In this case move the driverpack into the root of any drive and repeat the procedure.

Just tried them, installed the certificate with cmd, went to device manager and installed them from C: drive root, system booted fine, but still forced APM on all drives, had to return to 12.9.4.1000, which without a doubt does not have any sort of ā€œautoā€ APM. These feel very good too tbh, I donā€™t know if you can do anything else to ā€œfixā€ the 13.2.8.1002 drivers. :confused:

If I can do anything to help by looking what is needed, tell me. You told me to look at the .INF file, what I should look for in there?

@snchez210 : Thanks for having tested the freshly modded driver. It is a pity, that the modification didnā€™t solve your issue.

Just compare its content with the related *.INF file of the v12.9.4.1000 driverpack.
That is what I have done. Then I removed the 2 lines, which were missing within the v12.9.4.1000 file.

Seems that doesnā€™t prevent them from going crazy with the APM lol. Nvm donā€™t worry then, Iā€™ll go along with the 12 version family drivers, they are good too anyway and also seems they stopped the random clicking my HDD would make at weird intervals of time with standard sata drivers. If APM gets just forced on my system with those drivers, Iā€™d just assume they arenā€™t that compatible with my motherboard and maybe doesnā€™t really know what to do with them or they are just meant to be ā€œgreenā€ and well, I donā€™t need latency. Thanks for your help.

what would be the best driver for my motherboard?
Here I leave a capture of which plate it is and the sata.

@ema : Please look into the table, which is on the bottom of the start post. Your system has an Intel 6-Series Chipset.

hello thank you very much @Fernando
I have better speed now on the two discs that I have. but I have a problem, I donā€™t know if you know how to solve it. and installed the driver that comes for my motherboard called: iaAHCI.inf
the iaStor.inf did not install it because it did not know if to install it since when installing the first one mentioned already the iastor.inf is generated. my problem is that I cannot assign it the MSI mode of interrupts.
Because the pc does not boot, it does not give a blue screen or anything like that, it just does not load the windows, which led me to modify my windows registry through another platform to reverse the setting of the MSI mode.
you wonder why I want the MSI mode, simply because I donā€™t want to have IRS. and the driver you provide, that is, the one modified by you generates many IRS. I have noticed some other hitches but maybe it is from a specific game that is not well optimized.
Now my question is is there a way to solve the problem by making MSI mode active without the windows boot error occurring. pos data the driver and pc in ahci section and sata is compatible with MSI mode. I leave some images.
Disk:Before and after:

Pic1.png

Pic2.png

SSD:Before and after:

Pic3.png

Pic4.png

info MSI:

Pic5.png

EDIT by Fernando: Text formatted and pictures resized and directly attached