Why does kingston SSD behave weird on some gigabyte motherboards

Please note I am NOT asking for assistance, this post is more for curiosity rather than assistance.

I have a spare desktop gigabyte motherboard computer that used to have a samsung SSD with no issues. It was replaced with a kingston SSD and the computer sometimes would detect the drives, while othertimes it did not and would fail to boot, I had Windows 11 installed (it doesn’t support the computer but bypassed it), and sometimes when I boot into WIndows 11, I would get BSOD and would get an error stating that could not detect bootable drive. And once when I restarted the computer, the entire motherboard was bricked, no display or anything.

I did manage to restore the computer by getting b_bios to overwrite m_bios which seemed to fix it but the same thing happened again eventually, even after a bios update.

I replaced the drive with a HDD and put Windows 11, after several times of rebooting I was not able to replicate the issue so yeah, its weird that the drive can actually cause the motherboard to brick itself.

On my main computer, its another gigabyte motherboard and I have a similar kingston ssd, whislt it doesn’t brick my motherboard, sometimes when I start my computer, it can use 100% disk usage, I don’t believe it is an OS issue as when I checked through task manager there was no offending process to cause such high disk usage, a restart would fix it.

Just curious to see what may be going on?

It was surely nice, to include in your report the models of those “some GigaByte/some Kinsgston SSD”, bios versions and disks firmware…

EDIT: Very old model, Kingston had released some FW updates for it if…
Firmware Rev. 111130 (01/17/12)
Firmware Rev. 120229s (03/29/12)
Firmware Rev. 120504s (06/25/12)

A defective communication on the bus, can lead to the reported issues.
Bad SATA cables/pins on SATA ports.
Not pointing motherboards or their bios versions, as primary cause of this.

Good luck.

EDIT: Some…what the heck, this is official fw updates from Kingston, search for them.

For the computer that is being bricked

SSD is SSDnowV100 and bios is GA-Z87M-HD3,

Bios versions is currently set to (and tested) with F5

For my main PC with slow SSD issues

SSD is SSDnowV100 and bios is GA-Z97X-SOC,

Bios versions is currently set to (and tested) with F3

So I can directly apply the firmware updates to the drive directly using some software?