Win10 Problems with my Intel ICH10R RAID Array

Hi all !

I just update my windows 10 pro to 20H2 version and now I get an alert for the RAID Controller pilot.

Windows is not recognizing the raid correctly ( C (the windows system one) and G (the raid1 one) should be mirrored, and it even show the system partition on F now…).

And so even with the intel matrix storage manager ICH10R saying that all is good and normal (bootable and normal status).

So I don’t really know where to look at now…
I know this is an old system, but I still love it :wink: The motherboard is asus p6T deluxe if that’s help, and I tried to do all sort of updates… I can’t find the right driver to not have the alert on first capture I put here…

Also, I am not very sure that windows 20h2 is the last version I can get, but computer with windows update say so at the moment…

Many thanks in advance if you have a mini leads to point me on the right direction !
(I get some files from intel but it’s just .sys, .cat and .inf and I don’t know really how to use them…)
I also sax that motherboard have a new driver, but I though it wouldn’t change anything (plus, I need to find out how to update it :wink: Here is my config I you want some more details : https://www.driverscloud.com/fr/configuration/s9052jnew01-1/resume
I am kind of a big noob now, I haven’t make any changes really this last 15 years !

Have a great day.

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened

@Mysterehyde
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!

That is the reason for your problem. Modern Windows Operating Systems like Win10/11 cannot manage your extremely old mainboard and its Intel MSM RAID configuration.
My advice: Replace your old PC by a much newer one.
If you don’t want to do that, I recommend to install an older Windows OS. Alternatively you can try to flash a modded mainboard BIOS, which contains an Intel RST RAID OROM instead of an MSM one (for details look >here<),

Good luck!

Many thanks for your quick answer and for the welcomen message ! :wink:

Haha, I was afraid you said that… but… I anticipated it a little. To explain more : I bought a new computer and it is schedule to be here on friday. (I want to make a raid1 nvme on it, I have two nvme disks for that, this little raid thing save my installation three or four times this 20 last years ;-). If I don’t succeed in doing it, I will open a new thread but I verified that components were OK for that, I just don’t know how perfs will be impacted with nvme raid 1 (same reading but writing change maybe? ))

But I still want to keep this one, at least for a little, for the transition and also for “testing stuff” before installing it to brand new performance computer, this is why I updated it. (Also I was having trouble to update it, I think I might have use an update blocker at some point, and now that I am thinking of it, it was maybe because I read somewhere that the RAID will not be fucntionning OK after upgrading… but it’s been too long, can’t be sure of that, wasn’t taking notes at the time).

Anyway, thanks for the link, I will look further in it, but isn’t there any new method with windows or so for having the windows C disk in RAID1 with win10 or 11? (Because I will maybe try to upgrade to win 11, I just need to bypass proc security or replace old processor for less than 100€ to still have this backup one… ) I mean, when I will be okay to completely reinstall windows, I will be okay to try and fail on the different raid possibility I have with this old good computer…
Thanks guru !