[Win8.1] Need Drivers for Lenovo Ideapad 3-15ITL6

Further information (if needed): https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/produ…-%20Type%2082H8

Hi! I just acquired a Lenovo IdeaPad 3-15ITL6 Laptop with Intel Tiger Lake (11th generation) a few weeks ago and I was wondering if someone has managed to get the Intel graphics working under Windows 8.1. I have Intel Core i5 with Intel Iris Xe graphics. Here’s its hardware id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A49&SUBSYS_3F9C17AA&REV_01

Also, does anyone know if the Realtek 8822CE Wireless Lan 802.11ac PIC-E NIC for Windows 8.1? I did find an 8821CE for Windows 7 so I am gonna investigate that. I’ll report back on what happens with that. Here’s the hardware ID for this device: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_C822&SUBSYS_C12317AA&REV_00

In addition, my built-in laptop mouse does not work within Windows 8.1. Windows does not even detect it so there is no basic driver. My mouse within Windows 11 is labeled a HID-Compliant mouse within Device Manager. Opening up the properties reports its location on I2C HID Device. In the BIOS, there is no option to switch the touchpad between Basic and Advanced mode (like some BIOS in laptops such as Acer Aspire A315-21). Here’s the hardware ID for it: HID\VEN_MSFT&DEV_0001&SUBSYS_FTCS0001&Col01

The touchscreen capabilities of the laptop do not work either. This is listed under Human Interface Devices as HID-Compliant touchscreen and HID-Compliant touchpad.
Here’s the device ID for the touchscreen: HID\VEN_GTCH&DEV_7503&Col01
Touchpad: HID\VEN_MSFT&DEV_0001&SUBSYS_FTCS0001&Col02

After looking at the HID devices, I also noticed a I2C HID Device that I previously missed in my prior times in Device Manager. The device ID’s for the two are as follows;
1: ACPI\VEN_GTCH&DEV_7503
2: ACPI\VEN_MSFT&DEV_0001&SUBSYS_FTCS0001

And lastly, I am going to include the device ID’s of the other three devices listed under HID in case they are of any need/use;
HID-compliant vendor-defined device 1: HID\VEN_GTCH&DEV_7503&Col02
HID-compliant vendor-defined device 2: HID\VEN_MSFT&DEV_0001&SUBSYS_FTCS0001&Col04
Microsoft Input Configuration Device: HID\VEN_MSFT&DEV_0001&SUBSYS_FTCS0001&Col03

Just for the record, I am not currently using Windows 8.1, but I do have it installed to a USB HDD coupled with a USB USB HUB that has a USB Mouse and an 8.1 compatible USB WiFi stick inserted into it (I only have two USB 3 ports due to the presence of a USB C port) Tomorrow, god willing, I should have a 1TB NVME SSD coming with which I will dual-boot 8.1 and 11, which will eliminate the need for the USB HDD and thus the USB USB HUB unless I need more than two ports. I’m gonna do some Google searching to see if I can turn up anything, but I doubt it, hence this post. Any help on my problems would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I forgot to mention the Realtek audio too. They are known for their excellent legacy support, but for some reason, I can’t seem to get the audio drivers working. Windows 8.1 also never loaded its basic sound driver (the one you have before you install a manufacturer driver such as Realtek or IDT). Here is its device ID: INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0257&SUBSYS_17AA38B5&REV_1000 For whatever reason, it reports itself as Intel Audio. I’m gonna try adding this in to a Windows 8.1 compatible Realtek driver and see what happens. I’ll report back in a little bit.

P.S.: I included a screenshot showing the successful installation.

Windows81.jpg

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened and customized

I’m here to report on the status of some drivers I tried last night.

Wireless: I found a Realtek Wireless driver on their website for the 8821CE. I figured it was close enough that if I add in my 8822CE hardware ID, it would work. Unfortunately, that was not the case. When I Have Disk installed it, I got an error about the hash not being present in the catalog file. I activated Test Mode, rebooted, and tried again at installing the driver. This time I got “The required line was not found in the inf”. I completely deleted the driver, rebooted, and reinstalled it, but same thing. I think this driver can be made to work, but am unsure of what else would need to be done to it beyond what I described. Here is a link to the driver from the Realtek website: https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo…8821ce-software

Audio: The Realtek audio driver for 8.1 that I tried, also from the Realtek website, did not work either. Not sure why since Realtek is known for support much older Windows versions (such as XP) on their latest drivers. Here’s a link to a list of the drivers: https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo…/433?Itemid=276 I’m not sure which one I chose last night.

Chipset: Shockingly, the latest Tiger Lake chipset drivers installed just fine under 8.1. No driver warnings or BSOD’s.

@Moline
You should try to force the installation of the original (untouched) driver by using the "Have Disk" option!
Otherwise the installation fails due to the broken digital signature.

I’ll try that later and get back on what my results are from doing so.

I tried that and it didn’t work. I also tried disabling driver signature enforcement via advanced startup options (F8) as well as activating test mode, but nothing. The Realtek website doesn’t even mention the RTL8822CE driver when I search for it in their network card drivers section (the closest they have is the RTL8821CE).

Sorry for triple post, but I may have solved the Intel graphics by way of this thread: Intel UHD Graphics 630 Video Driver for Win7 x64 (9)

I downloaded DeathBringer’s mod which goes up to 10th Gen Intel and amended it to include 11th Gen Tiger Lake, but I get a code 43 after install. Getting in touch with DeathBringer to see if he can help me out here.

I’m afraid that you can’t fully use W8.1 on that modern IdeaPad 3-15ITL6 Laptop, Moline.

for starters RTL8822CE seems to be an OEM product (that’s part of the reason why Realtek does not mention it on their web site - RTL8822CE was released directly to most PC manufacturers) - unlike with RTL8821CE

second, INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0257&SUBSYS_17AA38B5&REV_1000 reporting as “Intel Audio” means it’s an Intel SST based Realtek HD audio device, and not your typical standard Realtek HD audio hardware - IDs beginning with INTELAUDIO are SST based and only used on modern Intel based laptops & some all-in-one desktop PCs and dependent on the Intel SST bus driver or “Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller” driver (only OEM based Realtek HDA drivers bundle those Intel SST bus drivers found in the IntelHDASST folder using the IntcAudioBus.inf file - and are also dependent on Intel chipset, so there are many different versions of the “Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller” driver that only work with recent Win10 versions and will not work under Win8.1) - these Intel SST bus controller drivers are NOT included in the generally released Realtek HDA drivers from the Realtek web site

without the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller driver fully installed & working, the Realtek HD Audio SST device will not work

SST = smart sound technology