Windows 2000 on modern PC +i9900kf + z390

Hello forum! Hello Fernando! Big thanks for your work. I have succesfully installed Windows XP on my PC(i9900kf, z390, 2x16 gb ram) using those. Now, I want to install Windows 2000 on this PC, but i have some trouble with that. When I try to start setup from CD, error message show up "0x000000A5". If I press F7 then show up error "0x0000007B". I had the same error messages when I try to install Windows XP, but it was fixed by integrating your AHCI driver. So I try to integrate same AHCI driver (DEV_A352 added by Fernando) in Windows 2000 ISO, but when I run setup it shows error message "iaStor.sys" is corrupted. I have Windows X86 ISO and I downloaded 32-bit driver from your Thread. Also I tried :
1. Disable USB ports, LAN, AUDIO in BIOS, using only PS/2 keyboard = same 7B error
2. Plug obly 2Gb of DDR4 RAM using adapter DIMM-SODIMM = same 7B error
3. Install Windows 2000 on my Old PC (Intel G31 LGA775 2 Gb Ram, it installed well) and connect HDD to New PC = error 0x000000C2. Then I try to fix that error and replace acpi.sys in Windows folder, and again 7B on the screen.

Is that possible to install Win2000 on Z390 Board? Do I need certain AHCI driver to run setup? Please, help me. Thank you so much again!

@crackstore

Windows 2000 - No
Windows XP - Yes - you’ll need patched drivers though - I can send you some links if you’re interested.

I have succeeded with Windows XP, its working well. So no any chance to run Win 2000 on that PC? Thank you

@crackstore

There is a chance, someone would need to implement the missing functions in ntoskrnl to get drivers working - not alot of enthusiasm for windows 2000 though so it is unlikely, but it is possible.

thanks for you help!

Try UniATA driver. Link: http://alter.org.ua/ru/soft/win/uni_ata/BusMaster_v47a.rar

dude you need to learn the windows structure ntoskrnl doesnt matter the drivers (sys) needs to be implemented

Just slipstream into an iso usin nLite?

Fernando’s SATA drivers should work with 2000, actually. He just needs to slipstream blackwingcat’s Extended Kernel first. Once he does that, he can then use NLite to slipstream in Fernando’s SATA drivers, and then should be able to boot just fine.