Windows 2000 on modern PC +i9900kf + z390

Hello forum! Hello Fernando! Big thanks for your work. I have succesfully installed Windows XP on my PC(i9900kf, z390, 2x16 gb ram) using those. Now, I want to install Windows 2000 on this PC, but i have some trouble with that. When I try to start setup from CD, error message show up "0x000000A5". If I press F7 then show up error "0x0000007B". I had the same error messages when I try to install Windows XP, but it was fixed by integrating your AHCI driver. So I try to integrate same AHCI driver (DEV_A352 added by Fernando) in Windows 2000 ISO, but when I run setup it shows error message "iaStor.sys" is corrupted. I have Windows X86 ISO and I downloaded 32-bit driver from your Thread. Also I tried :
1. Disable USB ports, LAN, AUDIO in BIOS, using only PS/2 keyboard = same 7B error
2. Plug obly 2Gb of DDR4 RAM using adapter DIMM-SODIMM = same 7B error
3. Install Windows 2000 on my Old PC (Intel G31 LGA775 2 Gb Ram, it installed well) and connect HDD to New PC = error 0x000000C2. Then I try to fix that error and replace acpi.sys in Windows folder, and again 7B on the screen.

Is that possible to install Win2000 on Z390 Board? Do I need certain AHCI driver to run setup? Please, help me. Thank you so much again!

@crackstore

Windows 2000 - No
Windows XP - Yes - you’ll need patched drivers though - I can send you some links if you’re interested.

I have succeeded with Windows XP, its working well. So no any chance to run Win 2000 on that PC? Thank you

@crackstore

There is a chance, someone would need to implement the missing functions in ntoskrnl to get drivers working - not alot of enthusiasm for windows 2000 though so it is unlikely, but it is possible.

thanks for you help!


Try UniATA driver. Link: http://alter.org.ua/ru/soft/win/uni_ata/BusMaster_v47a.rar

dude you need to learn the windows structure ntoskrnl doesnt matter the drivers (sys) needs to be implemented

Just slipstream into an iso usin nLite?

Fernando’s SATA drivers should work with 2000, actually. He just needs to slipstream blackwingcat’s Extended Kernel first. Once he does that, he can then use NLite to slipstream in Fernando’s SATA drivers, and then should be able to boot just fine.

Hello! I know this post is quite old, but I’m trying to install XP on an asus z390p mother. Can you send me the drivers or the links to download them? I needed the modified AHCI driver and the ACPI mod. Thank you very much

Hello. Yes, of course, I can provide all the links.

Basically, there are two ways to install Windows XP on a Z390 motherboard.

The first method is to use the WinXP2ESD image, which is a modern Windows XP build. More details can be found here:

The second method is to integrate Fernando’s AHCI drivers into the original Windows XP image. All you need to do is find the hardware ID in Device Manager under the AHCI Controller section of an already installed Windows 10/11 system. Then, using nLite, locate the corresponding hardware ID in the list and integrate it into the extracted Windows XP image (for example, using 7-Zip). After that, select the option to create an ISO image and burn it to a CD (ideally, since XP does not handle USB installations very well). In that case, the 0x0000007B error will not occur.

More details are explained in this video:

All driver links can be found in the video description.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks! But let me explain a bit more about what I really need. I have a custom-built PC with an i7 4790k, 32GB of DDR3 RAM, a Z87 motherboard, and a 960GB SSD. On the SSD, I have Windows XP SP3, Windows 7, and Windows 10 installed in a triple boot configuration, using AHCI and MBR. In Windows XP, all the drivers are installed correctly and working. But what I want to do now is migrate this SSD, without reinstalling any of the three operating systems, to an ASUS Z390p motherboard, 32GB of DDR4 RAM, and an i7 9700k. I have a lot of games and applications installed and configured in XP, and the same in 7 and 10, and I didn’t want to have to reinstall and update everything. To do this, I was going to prepare 7 and XP from within Windows 10. In 7, I just need to inject the USB 3.0 driver using DISM, and that’s it. But for XP, I need the AHCI driver from the video you shared, and also some ACPI.sys mod to avoid the BSOD, since I’d prefer not to have XP’s power management as the “standard PC” setting. Do you happen to have the ACPI mod or know where I could download it? I was thinking of downloading it from this other thread: ( Modded ACPI Drivers Depot 2000 XP 2003 2009 ), but it seems the files were deleted and I can’t find it anywhere. I would really appreciate your help! Or that of @XPLives and @Fernando!

@phmadg
Regarding Intel’s AHCI driver I recommend to look into the initial post of >this< thread.
By the way - this Forum doesn’t allow to publish a modded hex coded driver (= *.sys file), because they are Copyright protected by the manufacturer. So you should no expect a link to a modded ACPI driver here.