Windows 32-Bit OS AMD Discussions 2000 XP 2003 2009

@XPLives

I’m sure the USB driver would be on AMDs website, most likely in the chipset driver package.

@infuscomus

Have you tested any of the modded drivers to get your other AMD USB 3.0 USB ports working at full speed?

@XPLives

I have not properly tested the modded USB drivers (besides install) on my AMD system, but I believe @diderius6 has fully tested them.

@infuscomus

I think he’s using a modified BIOS as well which may have different results for others.

There are many USB devices to test. Also sustained transfer rate speeds and plugging multiple USB devices together such as USB Audio, USB Keyboard, USB Mouse, USB Webcam, and USB storage device and playing the HD video. USB Webcam maxed out resolution tests. USB Scanner and Printer might be fine since they shouldn’t consume too much bandwidth. I noticed it’s possible one of these will not work properly or the transfer speeds are not sustained or may even freeze the drive during usage. So don’t test on important data in case of corruption. Short data bursts isn’t an issue. Which is why in some cases a modded USB driver is useful for USB mouse, USB keyboard, and USB audio only which are safe. USB storage is meant for short bursts. I’m sure if you tried copying 1TB of sustained data between drives to see if it completes would be a more definite test if it doesn’t get interrupted or any signs that the transfer rates slow down to a crawl or freeze momentarily.

is there any way i can install windows XP(32bit) with gigabytes A320-S2H MB? I tried to do it but eneded up with ACPI bsods, and there isn’t an option to disable ACPI in bios, and also, is there any Sata/AMD drivers i can possibly merge with this motherboard that i can possibly get this to run this motherboard?

@Dercrysis

patched ACPI and USB 3.0 driver

Windows XP SP3 32bit and modern PC parts (149)

AHCI driver

Windows XP SP3 32bit and modern PC parts (112)

I merged the the AHCI drivers with XPx86 with Nlite but i got a BSOD. Now with the patched ACPI, how does that work? Do i need to something with the ACPI.sys file, because i have never dealt with ACPI.sys files before…

Any comments on this? ^

@Dercrysis

grab cabpack 1.4 -
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/7104-cabpack.html

in cabpack 1.4 point it towards acpi.sys
for example

Source Dir or File:
C:\ACPIPATCH\ACPI.SYS

Destination Dir:
C:\ACPIPATCH<br />
CabinetNameTemplate:
ACPI.SY_

once you have ACPI.SY_ you copy it into your XP I386 folder and replace it

Secondly, there is usually a backup copy of acpi.sys in SP2.CAB SP3.CAB and/or DRIVER.CAB (i forget which) that will need replacing

So for example, use 7zip to extract SP3.CAB to a folder - C:\ACPIPATCH\SP3

copy C:\ACPIPATCH\ACPI.SYS into C:\ACPIPATCH\SP3 and overwrite it

then with cabpack 1.4

Source Dir or File:
C:\ACPIPATCH\SP3

Destination Dir:
C:\ACPIPATCH<br />
CabinetNameTemplate:
SP3.CAB

now that you have ACPI.SY_ and SP3.CAB, copy them to your XP I386 folder and overwrite.

then rebuild ISO with nlite.

@Dercrysis |p87793

The ACPI issue can be bypassed using the F7 or F5 method when the F2/F6 option pops up on the screen when it starts loading the drivers you keep tapping the F7 key if using the optical disc drive to install XP. However from my testing MPS mode did not work which means it will revert to single core only but will properly work in Standard PC mode. On Intel it will recognize all your CPU cores but missing hyperthreading. Make sure you have a PS/2 keyboard connected to the PS/2 port.

Tell me, please. Do I understand correctly that to integrate the AHCI drivers from your link, you must first generate the txtsetup.oem file?

Possible AMD Desktop APUs for Windows XP that people can confirm it works.

I also found a strange “Kabini” (2013, SoC)
This one uses Socket AM1 aka Socket FS1b.
Sempron 2650
Sempron 3850
Sempron 3850
Athlon 5350
Athlon 5370

List of other potential Kaveri CPUs I found:
A4 PRO-7350B
PRO A4-8350B
A6-7400K
A6 PRO-7400B
A6-7470K
PRO A6-8550B
A8-7600
A8 PRO-7600B
A8-7650K
A8-7670K
PRO A8-8650B
A10-7700K
A10-7800
A10 PRO-7800B
A10-7850K
A10 PRO-7850B
A10-7860K
A10-7870K
A10-7890K
PRO A10-8750B
PRO A10-8850B

The next generation APU after is “Carrizo” (2016). Not sure if the FM2+ will work but seems more likely. The AM4 Socket version could work but untested. Bristol Ridge (2016) AM4 I tested but didn’t seem to work with the last drivers

[FM2+] Socket
A6-7480
A8-7680

[AM4] Socket
PRO A6-8570E
PRO A6-8570
PRO A10-8770E
PRO A10-8770
PRO A12-8870E
PRO A12-8870

LMFAO @EmmaRoyd