Windows 7/8.1 on Steam Deck

I haven’t tried Windows 7 on the Steam Deck, but I did try 8.1 on it, which works. Anywho, I was wondering if any of the Steam Deck drivers could be modded to work under 7/8.1.

1. The Realtek 8822CE WiFi card should in theory work as the Steam Deck driver for it has device id’s for the 8822BE, which are also in the latest Windows 7/8.1 driver. The Steam Deck driver also references the 8192, also in the aforementioned driver.

2. The Steam Deck Driver for the AMD Custom GPU lists device id’s that can also be found in a Windows 8.1 supported driver. I tried modding in the AMD Custom GPU Device ID’s (%AMD163F.1%" = ati2mtag_VanGogh, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_163F&REV_AE
    “%AMD163F.2%” = ati2mtag_VanGogh, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_163F&REV_E1) and installing it, but I got an error (no code error, but an error stating it’s not supported or something and the driver is still the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter)

3. The sound may be an issue as on 8.1/10/11, the basic Microsoft sound driver does not get utilized. Sound does not get outputted on 10/11 until the Steam Deck sound driver is installed. Here’s a possible name for this audio device from its inf: Nuvoton I2S NAU88L21 Codec Device. Inf seems to tie it to the AMD Graphics, but idk.

4. The SD Card reader (O2 Micro Bayhub) should still support 8.1. The Basic Windows driver does get used, but it does have a habit of making the SD card disappear within Windows after a while (this does not happen with the O2 Micro Bayhub driver).

5. The other drivers appear to be chipset related.

So, is it possible to get the Steam Deck drivers working under 7/8.1? Here’s a link to those drivers: Steam Support :: Steam Deck - Windows Resources