windows not installing when i set RAID 0 with 2 1T Samsung 960 Pro

Hi All,
i need your help in the below case for my PC.
I have the following on my PC
Motherboard: gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 9
BIOS RAID: Intel RST 15.5.0.2875
NVMe SSD: 2 Samsung 960 Pro, 1T

BIOS Confirmation that i have is the following
Secure Boot: Disable
Fast Boot: Disable
CSM Support Disable and i try Enable

Windows Boot from USB using GTP

Last Driver that i used : 64bit Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID drivers v15.5.0.1047 Beta

Windows 10 64bit & Windows Server 2016

when i run the installation without any RAID i do not have any problems in the drivers and system run fine.

but when i Configure my PC with RAID 0 or 1, and after the windows run it ask me for the driver when i pick the driver the process of adding the driver take some time then the system Freeze. i can’t continue after this part.
can you help me solving is problem.

@dobdoob :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

How (by using which tool) did you configure your RAID array?
Did you delete the previously created RAID array before you created a new one?
Which OS is/shall be your system drive (Windows 10 or Server 2016 or both as a dual boot system)?
Why did you use an Intel RAID driver from scratch, which is not even WHQL certified?
Did you unplug all other storage drives except the members of the RAID array, before you started with the OS installation?
Off topic question: Why did you buy such big sized SSDs, if you had the intention to create a RAID0 array and to use them as system drive? The OS doesn’t need 2 TB of space, but you will loose up to 2 TB of data in case of a broken RAID0 array.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks for replying Fernando.

How (by using which tool) did you configure your RAID array?
– I config the RAID Array from the BIOS, by EZ BIOS
Did you delete the previously created RAID array before you created a new one?
– there was a array before and i have deleted it and create a new one
Which OS is/shall be your system drive (Windows 10 or Server 2016 or both as a dual boot system)?
–my final goal is to install it on Windows server 2016. but i am also testing it under windows 10
Why did you use an Intel RAID driver from scratch, which is not even WHQL certified?
– I used it becouse it is the last update driver, also i tryed the RAID driver that come with the motherboard f6flpy-x64
Did you unplug all other storage drives except the members of the RAID array, before you started with the OS installation?
–yes i did removed all drivers
Off topic question: Why did you buy such big sized SSDs, if you had the intention to create a RAID0 array and to use them as system drive? The OS doesn’t need 2 TB of space, but you will loose up to 2 TB of data in case of a broken RAID0 array.
i need to Use RAID1 as i can’t have a signal point of H/W failure

Zitat von dobdoob im Beitrag #3

–yes i did removed all drivers

I hope and suspect, that you meant drives and not drivers.

You certainly know, that you will lose 50% of the NVMe SSD’s storage space and a big amount of their possible performance, if you create a RAID1 array, but this is your decision.

Regarding your problems to get your desired OS Windows Server 2016 successfully installed onto any sort of Intel RAID array consisting of 2 NVMe SSDs, I have no idea how I can help you. I neither know the specific BIOS settings of your mainboard nor what exactly you have done.
Nevertheless I wish you good luck!