Windows USB 2.0 3.0 4.0 eHCI xHCI USB4 Discussions 2000 XP 2003 2009 Vista 7 Seven

At the moment it is a multithreaded project. I want complete detail of USB controller info, chipset, motherboard, et cetera so not only can the database be used for people to search for their Hardware ID and find one that matches their USB controller linked to a working XP driver if one is found in one location. For the ones that don’t have an XP driver it will be useful later when a universal xHCI driver is created for XP which will encompass all of the provided IDs. Your modded drivers might have the Hardware IDs but not Chipset origin, motherboard, et cetera is missing but only for Intel USB. I don’t intend to support pre Z68 chipsets. This is not for a full blown USB driver. I am only focused on USB keyboard and USB mouse functionality if possible so the USB ports are not completely dead and useless. This will simplify the XP installation on modern motherboards with only xHCI. Even you said you could not use the USB keyboard or mouse in XP so you gave up installation. Later other USB devices may possibly work but not a priority since the much easier goal is working USB input devices.

YuriyCN Screenshots for you pictures can be made into spoiler to save space.
WIN XP USB 2.0 / 3.0 Drivers Database for eHCI & xHCI Controllers

@YuriyCN
I have added to database.

It is possible for Linux to have the source code for the USB driver 100-series Intel chipset,
so that they can be ported to Windows XP. Do you have any driver for testing?

Is there any result?
You have a modified sys-file?

I don’t use Linux and Intel hasn’t made any Linux USB 3.0 drivers to even test or released any source code. If you are urgent to get functional USB ports on your motherboard. I checked out your specs. I suggest this one for USB 2.0 8 Ports total with 6 Ports external + 2 internal since you prefer Renesas Chipset.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Ports-USB-2-0-…x0AAOSw4A5Yq-AR

I don’t have any working drivers for you to test and it may be a year or two or even longer before something might be possible to test out in the general public if you want some sort of open source driver from Linux. I am only focused on working USB mouse and USB keyboard and not storage devices which I think you are looking for since your motherboard has PS/2 ports you don’t have any issues with mouse and keyboard inputs. Since you have two extra PCIe slots on your motherboard that you could install one of these cards or two max if you want 12 to 16 USB 2.0 ports The extra 4 ports could be used in a front tray on your computer case. I would recommend a PCI card that works with XP without any extra drivers to install but your motherboard only has PCIe slots so try the one above. All newer motherboards have removed the eHCI so you can blame Intel for this chipset change to break backward compatibility. I think the Z97 might still have an eHCI so if you need a working on board rear motherboard ports I would go back one generation before Skylake.

The reason why ther are no standalone Intel USB 3.0 drivers out there is very simple:
Intel is a kernel contributor. The drivers are in the Linux kernel. And the kernel is open source.

Don’t say NO just because you don’t know it. Inform yourself before talking nonsense.

PS: it is not possible to port linux drivers to windows. Linux and Windows are totally different solutions to different requierements with different approaches.

The “requirements” are already stated to make a simple USB keyboard and USB mouse function on the Intel xHCI. We aren’t talking about a full blown direct transfer of the entire USB driver stack. I didn’t say No because I didn’t know it and you should be more specific in your answers. You should be saying, “The reason why there are no stand alone Linux Intel xHCI USB 3.0 drivers … et cetera…”. I’m answering a legitimate question. Quote the proper sentence you are responding about.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/…/000006243.html

A Linux xHCI stand alone driver is not downloadable from Intel’s site if it were I would have included that information in my response. If you have a direct download link from Intel then provide it but don’t get into a tirade because you are Linux user or think you know everything. I do not support Linux so I can’t help you there nor do I want to give false hope at converting one and if it is embedded into the Linux kernel good for you but that is not a stand alone Linux Intel xHCI driver and this topic isn’t about getting xHCI driver support for Linux. The user asked if a Linux xHCI driver can be ported to XP if you know how you may answer that question if you truly know it is impossible or not rather than spew “Linux and Windows are totally different solutions to different requierements with different approaches”. Also the person responsible for the earlier Linux xHCI driver left the project due to the behavior of the scene and ended up working for Intel so even the best chance of XP and Vista getting a Linux to Windows driver port if it were possible is most likely dead as a result and maybe working for Intel may mean no chance of them allowing the author to derive one for XP. I doubt that Intel would even want to see an XP or Vista xHCI driver as they could have released one a long time ago nor would the original Linux xHCI driver author want to invest time into it after transferring the rights over to another party years ago.

Let’s be clear: just bury XP. If you need it use virtualization software like VMware Player/Workstation or Oracle VirtualBox.

I’m out of these foolish threads full of people trying to ride a dead horse.

Let’s try to use proper punctuation at least if you’re going to go off on another tirade because it makes you look foolish. Lets vs Let’s there is a difference. Let’s = Let us. There is no Lets. Please keep animals out of this as there is no animal cruelty going on here.

No one if forcing you to come to an XP help thread if you dislike it. If you don’t need help here then go elsewhere. As far virtualization or VM is concerned that is unnecessary and wasteful for this application. First if you want the maximum performance of the OS you will run it natively not in some VM. It doesn’t matter if it is XP, Windows 7 or Windows 10. VMs are not 100% efficient and not everything is 100% compatible. If you are running a simple Microsoft Office program then a VM would be suitable if that’s all you are targeting. When you are running a game or a graphically intense supported program then a VM would not be suitable for maximum performance and it may not utilize it properly. If the software supports some features of the audio card then the VM cannot replicate it which is another reason why VMs still can’t replace hardware. But since you are a noob “nuub” maybe this is news to you.

"Please keep animals out of this as there is no animal cruelty going on here."
Never heard of idioms, phrases or tropes?

"No one if forcing you"
if != is, don’t throw bricks when you live in a glass house.

You want old software? Then get old hardware.
You want to explore the internet? Please use new and supported software.
With old software on the net you are considered a threat because of unpatched security holes.

Before you rant about someone else’s nick name, please create an avatar picture that says more than “I IS GUD AT PAINT”.

Back on topic guys, unrelated posts will be deleted from now on

WARN ALL: No one should delete this

EDIT by Fernando: As plutomaniac already has announced, I have deleted the other part of your post nevertheless, because it had nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Is there any result in this topic? You have a modified tested sys-file?

To whom are your questions addressed? When you want to ask someone personally, you should use the @<nickname> method.
AFAIK nobody here has ever modified the code of a real driver (= *.sys file).

This topic does not make sense.

https://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos/bran…rs/usb/usbxhci/

What do you want to say with this link?

Who is???

This is source xHCI driver???

@XPLives

HP Compac 8300 Elite (Q77 Express Chipset, Core i5 3470s)

Found under "Universal Serial Bus controllers"

Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D
Drivers: ????
Hardware IDs:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E2D&SUBSYS_3398103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E2D&SUBSYS_3398103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E2D&CC_0C0320
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E2D&CC_0C03

Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E26
Hardware IDs:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E26&SUBSYS_3398103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E26&SUBSYS_3398103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E26&CC_0C0320
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E26&CC_0C03

Found under "System Devices"

Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller - 1E31

Hardware IDs:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_3398103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_3398103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&CC_0C0320
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&CC_0C03

I tried this one

USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded) (25)

with 1E2D & 1E26 but got no luck (i used the Hardcore Method -> Dont search, let me choose the Drivers) All USB Connections (even that with Microsoft Drivers) dont worked anymore xD
Luckily i got a second Keyboard & Mouse with PS/2 to go back to the old Drivers.

I have still to test this one out

WIN XP USB 2.0 / 3.0 Drivers Database for eHCI & xHCI Controllers

EDIT: My OS Win 2003 32Bit

EDIT2: No Chance ! Fxxx Intel ! Realy i hate this Company. My Main PC is a AMD Phenom II x4 945 with a NVidia 630a Chipset (this Chipset was build over 10 Years ! and some Boards supported DDR2 & 3 on the same Board, and AGP & PCI-E on the same Board....not at the same Time, but you got the Option) and Support USB3 under XP/Win2003

Fernando mod drivers does not work for Windows XP.
Error - Code 39.

This mods works for Windows 7 or newer.