Windows USB 2.0 3.0 4.0 eHCI xHCI USB4 Discussions 2000 XP 2003 2009 Vista 7 Seven

Windows USB 2.0 3.0 4.0 eHCI xHCI USB4 Discussions 2000 XP 2003 2009 Vista 7 Seven

Merged USB 4.0 to this thread for discussions.

Thread created:
10-01-2019

Thread updated:
10-01-2019

Purpose:
USB 4 specs were finalized August 2019.

USB 4.0 will be coming soon and it’s early in the process where if there’s enough interest USB 4.0 could be backwards compatible and work on legacy operating systems.

Having a company work on developing these drivers to be used on PCIe cards and/or modified for universal support on Intel and AMD integrated USB 4.0 ports to prevent obsolescence.

If you have interest in joining me either to develop an open source USB 4.0 driver support, donate funding that could be used for negotiating with a company to develop these drivers, or funding towards the creation of a USB 4.0 PCIe card write your comments below.

Since USB 4.0 will likley be a Windows 10 exclusive feature and Intel and AMD will likely not develop drivers even for Windows 7. It is imperative to have an alternative backup plan to combat this.

My expectation is if I can work with a company to negotatiate creating Windows 2000 drivers which would be forward compatible in theory with XP/2003 and also Windows Vista drivers which would be forward compatible with Windows 7 that would be the bare minimum I hope would happen for a single USB 4.0 PCIe card product.

Windows 10 drivers would be much later on the driver priority list after Windows 2000 and Vista drivers and forward compatibility has been verified working and stable. There shouldn’t be any real urgency for Windows 10 support in the beginning as most motherboards already have Window 10 drivers for their built in USB 3.X motherboard ports.

Windows 10 drivers should be provided by Microsoft, Intel, and AMD when used using internal motherboard USB 4.0 ports.

USB 4.0 should have backwards compatibility with USB 3.X, USB 2.0, USB 1.X.

Expected throughput:
800MB/s

Worst case minimum OS support:
XP/2003 32-Bit and 64-Bit
Windows 7 - 64-Bit
Windows 10 - 64-Bit by default

Intended minimum OS support:
Windows 2000, (XP, 2003) 32-Bit and 64-Bit
Vista 32-Bit and 64-Bit
Windows 7 - 32-Bit and 64-Bit
Windows 10 - 32-Bit and 64-Bit by default

Extended Legacy OS support if sufficient funding and interest:
DOS, Windows 95, 98, ME, Windows 8.X, Mac OS X, and Linux

PCIe Card configuration:
Internal PCIe x1 - short card to fit unused slots
Totally self sufficient PCIe slot powered. (No Molex or Sata power connectors needed to be connected or in the way)

Model #1
4 vertical USB type A ports and 1 type C (Type A is standardized to connect legacy USB 1.X, 2.0, 3.X devices)

Model #2
4 vertical USB type A ports and 1 type C
includes 4-5 additional USB ports via the PCB header to connecting to a front bay or external rear bracket

Feel free to discuss your ideas here in this thread and if you’re interested in participating either in open source driver development, actual funding assistance to help license the driver from a company that can be modified to work on Intel/AMD USB 4.0 or towards independent USB 4.0 PCIe cards so it can be used internally on any computer system for the best versatility which may include MAC OS X and Linux. The sooner this is done gives a better chance all older operating systems from 98SE through Windows 7 will not be left out and only a forced feature reserved only for Windows 10.

I have created voting polls to get a better idea of what people want, expect, can contribute. If enough collaborative interest is generated I will see what can be done to get estimates.

Please vote.

@XPLives :
Thank you for creating this thread and collecting a database for modded USB drivers, which hopefully will be usable with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
Tip: Please shorten the thread title. It is much too long.

Here is my contribution for your database:
Intel Z170 Chipset systems:
Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - A12F
Drivers: iusb3xhc.sys
HardwareIDs:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_A12F1849&REV_31
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_A12F1849
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&CC_0C03

@Fernando
Title shortened as much as I could. Thanks for the copy paste ID. Added - skipped me an extra USB flash drive file copy step. Added the location visually.

I need USB driver for Win XP.
Chipset = Intel H110M
HardwareID= VEN_8086&DEV_A12F

Thanks for having done that.
Another tip: Your start post would be much clearer arranged, if you put the details into "spoilers".

I need the USB driver for Windows XP (motherboard Gigabyte GA-H110M-DS2, Intel® H110 Express Chipset) USB Device - VEN_8086&DEV_A12F
"32bit Intel USB 3.0 + 3.1 Drivers v5.0.3.42 mod + signed by Fernando.rar" - this driver does not work (Error: Code 39)

@YuriyCN :

Please try the attached XP compatible mod+signed 32bit Renesas/Intel USB 3.0 drivers, which have just been composed by me for being usable with all modern Intel chipsets from 7-Series up and their on-board Intel USB 3.0 Controller and Hub devices.
Don’t forget to give us your feedback regarding your test result.
Good luck!

As I have stated within the start post of >this< thread, these modern Intel USB 3.0 drivers will only support Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up and cannot be used with Windows XP…

32bit Renesas-Intel USB 3.0 Drivers v2.1.39.0 mod+signed by Fernando for XP.rar (185 KB)

@XPLives :
Since you obviously haven’t yet seen my last post, can you please test my recently created mod+signed Renesas/Intel USB 3.0 drivers while running Windows XP and give me a feedback?
Thanks!

Thanks for having done that.
Another tip: Your start post would be much clearer arranged, if you put the details into “spoilers”.

Fernando I will later as more Hardware IDs are added into special categories I will use Spoilers to condense. But for the moment the Hardware IDs when placed into spoilers I don’t believe you can easily use the Ctrl+F to find a Hardware ID instantly making it less effective from the intended purpose but the Intro portion I could place into a Spoiler but I think people these days are lazier so for now it is best to leave it exposed until thousands of replies have been added to this forum or the Intro gets too long I will recondense further into multiple spoilers.

I had seen that posting but I didn’t receive any information on which specific USB driver files you felt were missing and only provided a link for another USB driver pack. Was there a specific USB file in the .INF you felt needed to be added or changed or was missing? I needed more information on what you had meant. I haven’t yet tested the Z77 mod at first because I couldn’t locate the USB 3.0 controller in the Device Manager. Later I found it was placed in the “System Devices” instead of “Universal Serial Bus controllers” category. I have to test it on another Z77 other than this one that I can risk downtime in case it corrupts or causes this system to not function or reinstall a new clean XP partition on the same system which I get the chance. Hope that made sense. It has to be on a clean OS installation as well to verify no other drivers are conflicting or installing other than your modified one.

Please try the attached XP compatible mod+signed 32bit Renesas/Intel USB 3.0 drivers, which have just been composed by me for being usable with all modern Intel chipsets from 7-Series up and their on-board Intel USB 3.0 Controller and Hub devices.
Don’t forget to give us your feedback regarding your test result.
Good luck!

I tested this driver.
Driver 32bit Renesas-Intel USB 3.0 Drivers v2.1.39.0 mod+signed by Fernando for XP.rar - NOT WORK!!!
Error - Code 39. See screenshot.

Sorry I can’t read / understand the Russian XP version. Do you have an English system so you can do snapshots of all the Tabs information from Device Manager: If not then post snapshot photos of these windows I described below as best as possible.

Computer Specs:
Motherboard Brand and Model
Chipset
CPU installed

Go to your Windows Device Manager and gather these snapshots from these 5 windows tabs.
(1) General
(2) Driver and (3) Driver Details
(4) Details - Hardware IDs
(5) Resources

Please type the name of your USB 2.0 eHCI and USB 3.0 xHCI “USB CONTROLLER” device names shown in your OS.
As for the Hardware IDs please Copy and Paste them from inside the Details, Hardware IDs section Click the area and using Ctrl+A to select all, then copy and Ctrl+V paste here.

Please type the name of your USB 2.0 eHCI and USB 3.0 xHCI “USB HUB” device names shown in your OS.
As for the Hardware IDs please Copy and Paste them from inside the Details, Hardware IDs section Click the area and using Ctrl+A to select all, then copy and Ctrl+V paste here.

You can add Intel and other 3rd Party USB controllers if your motherboard has them. I will add to these to the driver database and release it when it is functional.

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded parts of the fully quoted posts removed (to save space)

Sorry I can’t read / understand the Russian XP version. Do you have an English system so you can do snapshots of all the Tabs information from Device Manager: If not then post snapshot photos of these windows I described below as best as possible.

Computer Specs:
Motherboard Brand and Model
Chipset
CPU installed

Go to your Windows Device Manager and gather these snapshots from these 5 windows tabs.
(1) General
(2) Driver and (3) Driver Details
(5) Resources

Please type the name of your USB 2.0 eHCI and USB 3.0 xHCI “USB CONTROLLER” device names shown in your OS.

Please type the name of your USB 2.0 eHCI and USB 3.0 xHCI “USB HUB” device names shown in your OS.

You can add Intel and other 3rd Party USB controllers if your motherboard has them. I will add to these to the driver database and release it when it is functional.

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded parts of the fully quoted posts removed (to save space)

Computer Specs:
Gigabyte GA-H110M-DS2
RAM 8GB DDR4
Intel i5 6500 4core@3.2 GHz
USB DeviceID - VEN_8086&DEV_A12F

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3 RUS

Other informations - see video MOV03268-0.avi (44 MB)
http://fex.net/load/671331990164/15519818

I examined the video I can only guess the driver didn’t work on your system. I haven’t tested any functional one yet.
If you can go to the USB controller and remove that driver and reboot the system.
Then go to Device Manager and Click the USB controller and Do Alt+Print Screen snapshot into Windows Paint and save (not video recording).
The video I cannot copy the information directly so you must use snapshot and save using Windows Paint method.
Do snapshot for each screen for the 5 Windows Tabs below.
(1) General
(2) Driver
(3) Driver Details
Also copy the Hardware IDs for the USB controller there should be 4 of them and paste them here.
Looks similar to this:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_1E311849&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_1E311849
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&CC_0C03
(5) Resources

Screenshots for you:

EDIT by Fernando: I have put the screenshots into a spoiler (to save space).

@YuriyCN :
According to your screenshots you obviously are using the Renesas USB 3.0 drivers v2.1.39.0 for your on-board Intel USB 3.0 Controller.
Previously you had written, that you got an error message while trying to get my mod+signed Renesas USB 3.0 drivers installed.
Which Renesas drivers and which OS are you using currently and how did you manage to get the Renesas drivers working?

I have correlated your upload pics with the corresponding English names shown in Windows Device Manager.

(#1) General
05fcac72244c.PNG

(#2) Driver
68f5ab097d07.PNG

(#3) Driver Details
e7cd68f2a094.PNG

(#4) Details
a22c2189e53f.PNG

(#5) Details - Hardware IDs
280a9d6b9a9b.PNG

(#6) Resources
8af1645655ce.PNG

I need you to copy from the (#5) Hardware IDs for the USB controller there should be 4 of them and paste them here.
Looks similar to this:

Select one of the Hardware IDs and then Ctrl+A on the keyboard will select them all or use your mouse to select them all.
Ctrl+C+ to Copy the Hardware IDs.
Return to WinRAID and use Ctrl+V to paste them in a post in this subforum.

Also did you see any USB 2.0 or 3.0 Hubs shown in the Device Manager? I need a copy of those screenshots and the Hardware IDs for each USB Hub if they are showing up.

You did not understand me. Renesas drivers does not work under Windows XP.
The screenshot shows an error "Код 39" / "Code 39".

Russian:
"Не удалось загрузить драйвер этого устройства. Возможно, драйвер поврежден или отсутствует. (Код 39)"

English:
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

YuriyCN I know it didn’t work but I need you to copy “NOT SNAPSHOT” the 4 lines from the (#5) Hardware IDs for the USB controller from your Device Manager there should be 4 of them and paste them here.
Looks similar to this:

I will add to database in case a working one will come out it will support your system or available to test.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-DS2
Chipset: Intel H110M
My USB ID:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_50071458&REV_31
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_50071458
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&CC_0C03

@XPLives :
To be honest, I do not really understand the sense of this thread and your recent questions.
You can find the HardwareIDs of all modern Intel USB 3.0 Controllers, which are on-board of Intel chipset desktop and mobile systems from 7-Series up, within the INF files of my mod+signed Intel USB 3.0 drivers.
If you are working on the creation of an XP driver, which will support all modern USB 3.0 Controllers, you should concentrate your work on the OS compatibility of the Controller driver itself (= *.sys file) and not waste your time with searching for the HardwareIDs, which should be added to the related INF file.