Windows XP (64bit) USB3 and Setup Problem

Hello to everyone!

I have recently bought a new PC with “Gigabyte H370 HD3” motherboard and “Intel Corei3 9100F” processor and would like to install “Windows XP Professinal x64 SP2” on it.
I have replaced the acpi.sys with the one provided by daniel_k yet so I could pass the very first part of the setup when the drivers are loaded without BSOD. I’ve also included a universal SATA/ACHI driver found on sourceforge.
I’ve tried to integrate many version of USB3 drivers (mod Fernando, AMD, Renesas, etc.) but none of them worked on the real computer only in VirtualBox. Though the drivers were loaded I could not use my USB keyboard in any ports with any driver. It always stops working when I should select wether to install a new version of Windows or to repair an existing installation.
I have integrated all the drivers with nLite using txtsetup.oem files so they should be loaded in textsetup mode.
If you have any idea what files should I replace or integrate yet to get the keyboard work please let me know. Thanks!

@SkynetTX

Check that you have the patched KMDF 1.11 loaded correctly as the patched windows 8.0 USB 3.0 driver depends on it.

XP Integral Edition (32-bit) has an optional patch integrator script that it uses to integrate these drivers correctly, look in the .cmd script at the changes it makes to txtsetup.sif and hivesys.inf for some hints for the changes you need to make.

link -
https://www.zone94.com/downloads/softwar…ntegral-edition

Hello to everyone!

I’ve finally managed to install XP x64 on my PC. It turned out that there was a problem with the txtsetup.oem file for the USB driver. Now everything is working fine except the internet.
I have an Intel I219-V lan chip on my motherboard (VEN_8086&DEV_15BC) but I could not find any XP compatible driver for it. Do you have any?

Disable the integrated network card in bios, buy 1Gbit on PCIe with drivers for WinXP 64-bit

Hello to everyone!

I’ve bought a PCIe network card and now I can connect to the net but the browsers are very slow. It takes minutes to load even a simple page like google search results. Under Linux and in the virtual machines every browser works fine but on the real partition under XP x64 they become slow. I’ve tried the official ones made for XP and some backported but it does not make any difference. Ideas?

@SkynetTX

This happens, when you plug your PCIe network card in a PCIe slot,
that shares its resources with something other.
So just change your PCIe slot for your network card
and it will work
Dietmar

@diderius6

Hello!

I put the card into another slot but it did not help. The official browser for XP started fast but after a few page loads it became slow again. The backported browsers remained slow. Tomorrow I will try the third slot to see if it helps. Maybe there’s a problem with other dirver(s)?

@SkynetTX

I have had the same problem, internet slow as much as possible with an Lan PCI-e slot card.
This was gone with changing PCI-e slot for this Lan card
Dietmar

Hello to everyone!

Today I’ve tried the third PCI slot for my new network card but it did not help. The browsers still start and run very slow under XP x64. Under Linux and VirtualBox all slots work(ed) good. Yesterday I’ve even tried to update some system files related to the network connections like intelppm.dll or httpapi.dll but this did not help either. I will probably try XP x86 with PAE patch but it will take some time to create the new setup disc. I will let you know if it works or has problems with internet connection as well. :slight_smile: If anyone had problems with slow browsers just let me know how did you manage to solve it. Thanks everyone for the help!

Hello to everyone!

Last saturday I installed the 32 bit version of Windows XP with SP3 integrated but it had the same problems like the 64 bit version: all browser were terribly slow. I think there should be a problem with some system files (like hal.dll) and patching or updating these could solve the problem.

@SkynetTX

Go to your Bios and set the speed for the PCI-e slots to maximum.
And use a PCI-e slot, that does not share lines with another PCI-e slot
Dietmar

PS: Use the halplusintelppm files for XP SP3

Windows XP 32-Bit and Server 2003 32-Bit on Modern Hardware (197)

@diderius6

I’ve found an option in my BIOS called MaxLinkSpeed. According to the motherboard’s manual only this one is related to PCIe speed. It can be set to Auto, Gen1, Gen2 or Gen3 values. I’ve changed it from Auto to Gen3 supposing this is the highest but it didn’t have any effect on the browsers in XP x64. I will give a try to other values and XP x86 with the two patched files this weekend. Probably I will try to change the slots again though according to Device Manager there was no conflict for any of them.

Hello to everyone!

I’ve tried the patched files yesterday and they helped a bit but I still have problems with the browsers. Currently I’m using an older HDD but I don’t think it has anything to do with the browsers’ speed. As I’ve tried every patch and update with no success I probably will install Windows 7 again and if it will work as it supposed to I will save the experiments with XP for later. Thanks everyone for the help! :slight_smile: