i7 4790k
MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

What I have done:
Updated UEFI Modules using ubuu
Attempted to update the VBIOS module

Flashed clean BIOS file from MSI site

Result:
VBIOS is messed up and won’t ever display anything
if iGPU is selected in UEFI then the PC wouldn’t give any screen output either via Dedicated GPU or iGPU<br />if PEG is selected in UEFI then the PC functions as normal, but the iGPU is not working anymore.

Main question:
Is flashing a clean UEFI bios using USB going to also flash a clean VBIOS?

It seems to me like flashing original BIOS didn’t really touch the VBIOS and I’m stuck with dead iGPU because of that.
I think it might be because the original VBIOS is older than the one currently flashed to MOBO, so even if I flash the original BIOS - it’s not touching the VBIOS anymore.

Second question:
How could I flash the original VBIOS back to the Mobo?

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The original A7 bios was it flashed by M-Flash or in OS environment?
USB or M-Flash is the right method
vBios is a PCI rom on the bios…it should change to the version originally in bios file, not preserve the wrong vbios.

A little bit of confusion here? In UEFI boot it wouldn’t be a video bios, but an EFI driver. Anyway, both need their settings adapted, vbios in bios module itself, the EFI driver has a GOP VBT.
CSM enabled?

So if you don’t get a picture for internal graphics in UEFI boot maybe the GOP VBT might need to be updated, too.

Downgrading the bios will revert all these modules to stock, these modules aren’t treated each by each.
Downgrade the bios, make a dump, and compare UBU output for stock bios and your dump. If output osn’t identical, you did not flash…

Thanks a lot for so quick responses!

I did flash the stock bios again using M-Flash, yes.

Does that mean that VBIOS and EFI driver for iGPU are now back to stock?

Or is there a chance some part of the UEFI might still be custom?