[Problem] Win7 install with x570 Chipset+Ryzen 5000 Ser. CPU

It’s likely you’ll need the patched ACPI driver for the newer x570 chipset.

I’ll be very surprised if you find one that works without the patch.

well i dont know about with the newest AGESA code (which is why i created this thread) but i do know that some x570/b550 motherboards with release bios’s have worked with ryzen 3000 series cpu’s on windows 7.

this youtube video is one such example (but i have no idea if this board a5 BOSD’s with the new AGESA code)
youtube.com/watch?v=A6_MdxMUpRE&t=32s&ab_channel=SilenceTech%26Travel

ASRock x570 / b550 motherboard BIOS does not support win7 ACPI, need to use the modified acpi.sys. It is recommended that users who use x570 / b550 motherboard to install win7 buy ASUS, Gigabyte or MSI motherboard.

hi @canonkong since i have already returned the motherboard is there a x570/b550 motherboard you would recommend that does support win7 ACPI?

I’m on a ASUS CH7 and the newest AGESA breaks Windows 7 ACPI compatibility with Zen 2, and your ACPI patch doesn’t work.

I’m on a ASUS CH7 and the newest AGESA breaks Windows 7 ACPI compatibility with Zen 2, and your ACPI patch doesn’t work.

BIOS version 4001 beta(AGESA ComboV2 1.1.8.0)?
Dose 4001 beta support only Ryzen 5000?
As far as I know, Windows 7 will work on Systems with most ASUS X570/B550 motherboards(AGESA ComboV2 1.1.0.0) and ZEN2 CPUs.

i think any bios after AGESA 1.0.8.0 works with ryzen 5000

ok i been doing some motherboard research is right now im looking a buying and testing either the MSI X570 GODLIKE or the MSI Prestige X570 Creation. im leaning towards the X570 Creation as that seems to have a feature set more suited to my needed. does anyone know of any ACPI compliance issues with either of these motherboards? i would really prefer not to buy another motherboard just to have to return it again…

@User32
Some ASUS x470/b450 latest bios still not fix the problem,wait for the new agesa version.

Wait for new AGESA or wait for a non-Beta BIOS?

BIOS version 4001 beta(AGESA ComboV2 1.1.8.0)?
Dose 4001 beta support only Ryzen 5000?
As far as I know, Windows 7 will work on Systems with most ASUS X570/B550 motherboards(AGESA ComboV2 1.1.0.0) and ZEN2 CPUs.
4001 with a 3950X causes 0x5A or whatever that ACPI BSoD is with canonkong’s modded acpi.sys

@User32
New agesa,1.1.8.0 have some bugs about usb and acpi.

Interesting, guess that’ll be some time next year or so.

@evilprotoss@hotmail.com
I can sure that ASUS Gigabyte MSI X570/B550 can work on win7 and don’t need mod acpi.sys,because I had tested them before. I recommend buy a mainboard without WiFi card, also can buy the mainboard replace the WiFi card easily one. My Gigabytes X570 and B550 platforms all replace the WiFi card with 8260/8265AC,RTL8822CE,Killer 1535 which can work on win7.

thanks @canonkong i will buy the MSI X570 Prestige then. i know the onboard wifi is the intel ax200 so it wont work on windows 7 but i have always preferred wired network connections and i have already found official windows 7 drivers for the aquantia 10Gb NIC on the motherboard, if i need to i will buy a usb wifi adapter and use that

@evilprotoss@hotmail.com
You can buy a 8265AC to replace the AX200,it about $5. Also you can turn it off in the BIOS.

Am i understand correctly that any msi, asus, gigabyte x570 board supporting csm are win7 compatible, except asrock boards?

not sure, only question i will be able to answer soon will be is the msi x570 prestige compatible with windows 7, ill find out on the December 10th, if im not too busy playing cyberpunk ( the whole reason im doing any upgrading in the first place!) that and the asrosk x570 creator definitely does not work with windows 7.

SUCCESS!!!

Im happy to report that the MSI Prestige X570 Creation has a windows 7 compatible Bios. Windows 7 been installed and is fully functional expect for the intel wifi & Bluetooth devices which was expected based on other threads listed here and im ok with. NVME updates and USB drivers are functioning without issue. please note that for this motherboard i did experience issues with the 1.0.0.13 USB drivers causing USB sticks to malfunction when plugged into USB3.0 slots and not transfer data. This was fixed by switching to the 1.0.5.3 USB drivers provided by @canonkong (thanks!) and USB is working flawlessly with USB devices tested so far across all ports ( razer blackadder mouse, madcats kv5 keyboard, turtle beach stealth 450 headset, nexus 6 phone, and various models of USB sticks and portable hard drives)

now if only cyberpunk 2077 was as bug free as my system is…

That’s good news! I’m planning to buy MSI B550 motherboard, nice to know that BIOS with AGESA 1.1.0.0 Patch C work without A5 BSOD.
Did USB2 ports work without AMD drivers? I have PS/2 keyboard and USB mouse.