XPpro SP3, ASROCK Q1900B-ITX, BYT DEV_0F23

Dear Fernando.
Excuse my English. I read several threads here, but none of this helped me. I need to get Windows XP on MB Asrock. I’ve tried everything. Clean WinXP, XP with your drivers v.11.2.0.1006, with F5 + F7 when installing (standard PC), switching to Bios AHCI to IDE, CSM of course Enabled. Nothing works … I’ll always finish installing in the text section where to use the disk driver. Is there any chance of success ?.. or … do you know any installation procedure? Thx.

@Extranick :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Due to the chipset (is it Intel Baytrail?) your mainboard has only a very limited SATA (only SATA2) and AHCI support.
Nevertheless it should be no problem to get Windows XP proper installed while running the SATA ports in IDE mode.
If you are currently running any Windows OS in AHCI mode on the machine, please have a look into the “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” section of the Device Manager, do a right-click onto the listed AHCI Controller and choose the options “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”.
Please post them and I will try to help you.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

OK. Give me time … install the W7. I know there was DEV_0F23

Win7HP 32bit.

Installing in AHCI-Mod … Device Manager … IDE / ATA Controller Sections …
1. ATA channel 0 … ID HW = Intel-0f23
2. Standard AHCI 1.0 controller with Serial ATA … ID HW = PCI\VEN8086&DEV_0F23&SUBSYS_0F231849&REV_0E

Installing in IDE Mode … Device Manager … IDE / ATA Controller Sections …
1. ATA Channel 0 … ID HW = Intel-0f21
2. ATA Channel 1 … ID HW = Intel-0f21
3. PCI Standard 2-channel IDE … ID HW = PCI\VEN8086&DEV_0F21&SUBSYS_0F211849&REV_0E

Attention. In IDE mode, it’s really 0F21 instead of 0F23 in AHCI mode.

@Extranick :
Thanks for checking and posting the HardwareIDs.
According to the HardwareIDs, which are within the iaAHCI.inf of my mod+signed 32bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006, it should support the Intel SATA Controller of your mainboard while running in AHCI mode, but unfortunately this does not automaticly mean, that the Intel driver will be accepted by the XP Setup.
As I have already written within my first reply, the “Baytrail” chipset of your mainboard doesn’t offer full AHCI support. That is the reason why the chipset manufacturer Intel itself doesn’t provide any Intel RST driver for your maiboard’s chipset.
Consequences:
You can integrate the “Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando” and try to get XP installed this way in AHCI mode.
If it should fail, the only option to get XP properly installed onto your Baytrail system is to set the Intel SATA Controller within the BIOS to “IDE” before you start the XP installation.

All installations XP (AHCI, IDE mode) ended in BSOD. In IDE mode, the driver for DEV_0F21 is missing … I think.

No, the XP own driver named PCIIDE.SYS supports all IDE Controllers from all manufacturers and will support your on-board Intel SATA Controller with the DeviceID DEV_0F21 as well.
Which BSOD error message did you get?

In case with ACPI … BSOD 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF73B9066, 0xF78D1EA0, 0xF78D1B9C) … too same in IDE or AHCI mode
Without ACPI (F7 key) …BSOD 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Please, for the love of god, stop using this outdated OS!
Newer hardware is not supported and the OS will not be updated because it is EOL.
Now install Win7/8/8.1/10 and use XP in a virtual machine like VMware Player, Oracle VirtualBox or Microsoft Hyper-V (Hyper-V lacks 3D support).

Can not. We have application software that is licensed to XP. It’s a few tens of thousands of dollars. That’s why I’m trying to find a way for XP.

@Extranick :
As I have already previously stated, you should be able to get XP installed and working while using your current system with limited SATA support.
Pre-conditions:
1. The on-board Intel SATA Controller has to be set to “IDE” mode.
2. You have to start the installation by booting off a “clean” (untouched) original XP CD with integrated SP3.
3. When prompted to press F6, you have to press F7 or F5 and to hoose the matching ACPI option.

1. BIOS … SATA … IDE
    2 … Install XPPro 32bit CZ … SHA1: 9F4201AFA36AE9F31CEAF4FC642E9764FCB5F536
    3. F7 + F5 … chooise:

a) multiprocesor ACPI … immediately end … missing files
    b) singleprocesor ACPI … BSOD
    c) PC with ACPI … BSOD
    d) multiprocesor SystemPro Compaq … BSOD
    e) singleprocesor PC MPS … BSOD
    f) multiprocesor PC MPS … immediately end … missing files
    g) standard PC … BSOD
    h) standard PC with C-step I486 … BSOD

NO WAY ???
    I think … installation process XP does not know that they should assign DEV_0F21 to the standard IDE controller. Perhaps it would like to modify an INF.

Did the message say anything about which files were missing?

No, the XP Setup should be able to detect and to manage all SATA IDE Controllers.

Which INF file should be modded?

I thought you’d know that :-).
Would you modify your v.11.2.0.1006 drivers by adding it to DEV_0F21 using the standard IDE driver and then using it via F6?

That would not work. Intel RST drivers do generally only support Intel SATA Controllers, which are running in AHCI or RAID mode, but DEV_0F21 is the DeviceID of an Intel SATA Controller, which is running in IDE mode.

And where is the problem with XP in a virtual machine? It’s still XP inside Windows 7/8/10.
Your "tens of thousands of dollars" worth application software would still run on XP.