Z490 VISION G - F8C

Any help disabling HPET in bios, I don’t mind using UEFITool, just not sure of all the locations. Any help is Greatly appreciated.

-Thanks ELo

Windows 10 enable/disable hpet:

Tap on the Windows-key, enter cmd and select to run the command prompt with administrative privileges.
To enable HPET as the only timer run the command bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
To disable HPET in Windows run the command bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

Disable windows game mode
Tap on the Windows-key,select settings,click on Gaming,turn off gaming mode,game bar,background recording

Z490 VISION G (rev. 1.x) support
Latest bios version is F20d (2021/03/12)
Update your bios if you have not already
Your device is still supported and will likely receive further updates.therefore it would be best to disable Hpet in OS level

Thanks for the quick reply, does 20d now have a disable option, I remember it used to be on the an older rev. maybe 6.

well I just upgraded done see a HPET option in the BIOS, so, back to the original ask for a HPET edit. , not sure if just a windows disable is enough.

Not everyone is noticing improvements after disabling HPET in both the BIOS / UEFI and the Windows operating system.
But for some disabling it in OS is the end of it
And some notice improvements and micro-stutters go away after disabling it on their OS regardless the bios setting